General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astanden
(member) Wed 19-Feb-20 19:16:14
Print Post

Switching providers

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I am planning to switch from BT (phone and broadband) to another FTTC provider, when my current BT contract expires in a few weeks. The new provider says that it will take about 10 days to switch but BT say that I have to give them 30 days notice.

Should I start the order 9 days prior to my BT contract ending or wait until after it ends? If the latter, will I have to still pay BT for the whole month or will they bill me for the part month until the actual switch date? Or, should I inform BT 30 (or 21) days before the day I intend to switch?

Sorry for the ramble, I just donít want to be paying twice for the same service.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram 2TB Fusion drive
iPad Air 2 64GB
iPhone 7 128GB
BT Infinity 80/20 Unlimited
Huawei Openreach VDSL modem/Apple Time Capsule
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Feb-20 23:27:19
Print Post

Re: Switching providers

[re: astanden] [link to this post]

You would do best to ask BT themselves. Many providers allow you to specify a start when you request to change. The start date can be up to about 6 weeks in advance. The new provider would inform BT when you place the order so if you request a date about a month in advance BT would get their 30 days notice

Michael Chare
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Feb-20 04:58:09
Print Post

Re: Switching providers

[re: astanden] [link to this post]

BT only require 14 days notice if you are switching to another ISP. You apply to the other ISP directly & they give BT the 14 days notice.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to