General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pheasant
(learned) Wed 15-Jul-20 16:09:34
Print Post

2Connect - Leased Line provision

[link to this post]

Hi,

Is anyone signed up to a leased line package using 2Connect? The headline rates look quite good (for a London based service). Just wondering if folks have any experience of them.

Many thanks
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Sat 18-Jul-20 19:27:30
Print Post

Re: 2Connect - Leased Line provision

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In the process of getting quotes from 2Connect and various LL providers including Talk Talk Business, Virgin Media Business as well as some other resellers including Aspire.

I'm seeing a surprisingly wide variation in prices, which on the face of it is essentially a like-for like bandwidth / contract duration, similar construction fund guarantees, performance metrics, availability, SLAs, response and fix times.

The only company so far offering a "guaranteed" 45-day install is 2Connect....appealing, coming from my somewhat recent FTTPoD install which took nigh on 11 months and cost £6.5K (before VAT and any voucher scheme reduction).

Bizarrely when I look at the total costs over 3 years, I can get a Gig/on Gig leased line in what so happens to be a "well served" inner-London area for not a massive amount more than an "out of town" Openreach based FTTP(oD) service. They are quite different beasts obviously but fairly high ECC of the FTTPoD service skew things.

BTW - I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum to discuss direct internet access / leased lines, if its not please point me in the right direction.

Edited by Pheasant (Sat 18-Jul-20 19:28:54)

Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Thu 23-Jul-20 18:57:09
Print Post

Colours now nailed to the mast. I’ve accepted the quote from 2Connect for a Virgin Media based Gig on Gig service.

The survey has been booked, so we will see where the ECC’s come out in the wash....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sammm_
(learned) Fri 24-Jul-20 00:01:34
Print Post

It's odd how they've guaranteed a 45 day lead time. From experience, sales tools can be very inaccurate and the only way to sort of know when the circuit will be ready is when Openreach provides the survey results and CCD. Should also note that if you wish to cancel, do it before you get the CCD otherwise you will be hit with a £2k+ cancellation charge.

Otherwise congrats on your purchase.

BT EO Line 16/1 with Vigor130, MX64, MR33 and MS120-8LP

Cisco Certified Network Associate.
Certified Meraki Network Associate.

All views are my own.
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Fri 24-Jul-20 09:30:05
Print Post

out of interest how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?

also as Sammm_ said the guaranteed lead time seems a little short especially for Virgin Media.

I help manage a relationship between a customer and Virgin Media that has over 400 connections and their lead time for leased lines is 70 days and that's not even guaranteed.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Fri 24-Jul-20 09:52:54
Print Post

Would it not have been cheaper & quicker to get a new 1 Gig Openreach FTTP line as you already have FTTPoD? Unless you cant get above 330?

BT Business FTTP 330/50 -- Netgear RAX200
Standard User jamescr
(newbie) Fri 24-Jul-20 13:14:52
Print Post

We ordered one in May, still waiting an install date. Getting regular updates. Obviously can't comment about the actual connection yet, but no concerns thus far.
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Fri 24-Jul-20 13:32:03
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
Would it not have been cheaper & quicker to get a new 1 Gig Openreach FTTP line as you already have FTTPoD? Unless you cant get above 330?

Different site altogether. No Openreach FTTP is available at the London site.
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Fri 24-Jul-20 14:03:22
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by danielhyde:
out of interest how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?

also as Sammm_ said the guaranteed lead time seems a little short especially for Virgin Media.

I help manage a relationship between a customer and Virgin Media that has over 400 connections and their lead time for leased lines is 70 days and that's not even guaranteed.

They have put the 45 days in writing...

Excess construction fund is £10K. Virgin have ducts and chambers on the street already, serving their cable. There is a brand new lead-in conduit and draw rope fitted from their nearest chamber already.

Rental is somewhere between £300 and £400 ppm. I leave it to your imagination precisely where along that spectrum... wink
Standard User jpm
(regular) Fri 24-Jul-20 14:44:17
Print Post

Gigabit leased lines in central London are dirt cheap, which is just as well because it's that or ADSL a lot of the time.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to