General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Fri 24-Jul-20 14:54:57
Print Post

Re: 2Connect - Leased Line provision

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jpm:
Gigabit leased lines in central London are dirt cheap, which is just as well because it's that or ADSL a lot of the time.

Hehe yeah define "dirt cheap" wink

Saying that 2Connect were several hundred pounds per month cheaper than VMB for the same service! I don't think VMB were really trying that hard...
Standard User jamescr
(newbie) Fri 24-Jul-20 16:13:58
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Leased lines are cheap everywhere at the minute, 2Connect were the cheapest we spoke to but there were a few within a few pounds of 2Connect for us, and there were a lot who were more than double.
ISP Representative merula
(isp) Fri 24-Jul-20 20:26:21
Print Post

[re: Sammm_] [link to this post]

The '45 day guarantee' is a current promotion from Virgin themselves - in thaory any provider using VMB can (or at least should) offer that
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sammm_
(learned) Fri 24-Jul-20 23:46:42
Print Post

[re: merula] [link to this post]

I wasn't aware. Thats a really good lead time comapred to some I've seen.

£400pm for 1gbps is a very good price.

BT EO Line 16/1 with Vigor130, MX64, MR33 and MS120-8LP

Cisco Certified Network Associate.
Certified Meraki Network Associate.

All views are my own.
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Sat 25-Jul-20 07:32:59
Print Post

[re: Sammm_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sammm_:
I wasn't aware. Thats a really good lead time comapred to some I've seen.

£400pm for 1gbps is a very good price.

Yes a pretty compelling deal and the price was well south of £400.
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Sat 25-Jul-20 07:37:59
Print Post

[re: merula] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by merula:
The '45 day guarantee' is a current promotion from Virgin themselves - in thaory any provider using VMB can (or at least should) offer that

I have a direct quote from VMB, not only were they £200 per month adrift of the price I was offered by 2Connect there was no mention from them of a 45 day install time guarantee.

I can only surmise they either weren’t terribly interested or their sales guy was literally going though the motions....
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Tue 28-Jul-20 12:36:43
Print Post

[re: jamescr] [link to this post]

"Leased lines are cheap everywhere at the minute" - not everywhere. In urban areas there are some very good prices, but in rural areas the prices are much much higher, and seem to be rising. Admittedly I haven't checked for a year, but 5 years ago I was quoted 325+VATpm for a 30Mbps on 100, but more recently the cheapest was a 50 on 1Gbps for over £700pm.
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Tue 28-Jul-20 13:27:30
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sheephouse:
"Leased lines are cheap everywhere at the minute" - not everywhere. In urban areas there are some very good prices, but in rural areas the prices are much much higher, and seem to be rising. Admittedly I haven't checked for a year, but 5 years ago I was quoted 325+VATpm for a 30Mbps on 100, but more recently the cheapest was a 50 on 1Gbps for over £700pm.

I installed a 100/1000 leased line for a customer not that long ago in a rural area for £400 per month
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Tue 28-Jul-20 13:58:13
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

That's not bad, but still a lot more than it would be in an urban area - and I'm guessing it wouldn't be that price in all rural areas.
A superfast connection would be nice, but even at that price it makes more sense to give up work and use the money to retire early.
Standard User Pheasant
(regular) Wed 29-Jul-20 06:31:04
Print Post

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sheephouse:

The gist of his “everywhere” comment was I believe about leased line service pricing elsewhere around the country as a whole.

Of course rural areas in comparison to urban ones (or where a provider has ready access to infrastructure) will virtually always be more expensive to connect for a single service. I know that all too well.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to