General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shandyhaggis
(newbie) Sun 16-Aug-20 10:05:08
Print Post

Leaving BT - looking for a new ISP

[link to this post]

Hi

Ive been a BT customer for years and have had nothing but technical issues and admin problems. Yesterday was the final straw. I recently had FTTP installed after 5 months of no broadband or phone line and 6 engineers to 'fix' the problem. Ive spent hours on the phone with BT to resolve/complain. In the meantime I had to buy a 4g hub and data sim from EE just so that I could work from home. Yesterday I got my first fibre bill form BT and it was twice as much as agreed and bore no resemblance to any figures I had discussed previously. Honestly it looked like they plucked the figure out of the air.

I cancelled my contract and will be cut off in 10 days.

In terms of alternatives. Yesterday I spoke to Zen - the line quality was poor talking to their advisor and I got cut off half way through the call. Not a good advert.

I spoke to Andrews and Arnold - very helpful but expensive, Ive read v good reviews and are on my preferred list.

I also spoke to Aquiss who again were responsive and helpful.

Ill probably contact uno as well but I think the others might not be able to supply due to my house being a new build. Virgin and vodaphone confirmed they couldnt supply.

Anyone been in the same situation? if so which way did you go?

Also Im stuck with a Huawei B535-232 CAT7 hub - anyone know if I can use this for my FTTP hub as well as 4g?

BT provided my with a disc extender - but like all BT attempts Ive experienced for range extenders they dont work very well... any advice on what options to look at would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 16-Aug-20 11:17:46
Print Post

Re: Leaving BT - looking for a new ISP

[re: shandyhaggis] [link to this post]

Cancelling has guaranteed you a period of no broadband again, as your chosen FTTP provider will only be able to get you up and running once the old stuff has fully cancelled.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/packages/fttp-broadband FTTP providers

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shandyhaggis
(newbie) Sun 16-Aug-20 13:08:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks Ive still got a 4g hub which will keep me going until I switch

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Sep-20 17:24:25
Print Post

[re: shandyhaggis] [link to this post]

A&A are great but no evening or weekend support strictly a 9to5.

Print Thread

Jump to