General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative uno
(isp) Tue 06-Oct-20 20:52:28
Print Post

Re: Leaving BT but who to go to?

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
I am surprised that BT have kept both plusnet and EE going, because there is very little difference between them broadband wise. Mobile phone is a different thing, EE is a network, while Plusnet uses that network for their mobile phone service.

At the time when they had only just taken over Plusnet, it was about market share. PN products were offered bare bones, as that is all they were worried about.

Unless already knowledge, many don't know that EE and Plusnet are owned by BT. This is better for BT as it increases the chances that someone will see a "competing" offer and signup. There have been posts on here where people have gone from BT to Plusnet, not knowing they are controlled by the same co, although still different networks to a degree at the access layer at least but end result is BT retain the customer in some way.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 06-Oct-20 22:45:46
Print Post

Sounds sensible smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Oct-20 08:01:59
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I like barebones, i remember a mate of mine years ago when we used dial up saying he pays for the internet not for the other services they offer. Those days they used to offer free web space and stuff like that.

I think the same way, all I want is a connection to the internet that is reliable and at a decent price and have a customer service that does something if things go wrong.

If people ask me about EE or Plusnet, I make sure I tell them BT owns them. Plusnet may belong to BT, but they are very different, customer service is far better than BT and I can understand them, most of the time, smile
They also don't stick to a script, or they don't with me anyway, they seem to know a little more.

I have signed up for another 18 months with plusnet, i did look at others, including yours, but plusnet gave me a good offer. We will see what is available next time.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Oct-20 08:28:58
Print Post

Plusnet customer service are the worst now during coronavirus situation as my parents line is fault and raise fault ticket at PN but no ones seem bother to pick up ticket nor forum for 7 days now. Try phoned they can't help because they haven't got the tool to check as all PN staffs are at home (working from at home as they only try to bring new customer who sign up quicker than deal with all their customers with faulty broadband, billing issues in the back long queue!

My parents think ENOUGH now and will move to TalkTalk. They think PN are going downhills lately and no ones seem care to help them.

I will also leaving PN soon as I think my parents are better off join TalkTalk lower budget for their need. Me - maybe moving to TalkTalk, Sky Broadband or Zen Internet ( on G.fast 160/30 from FTTC 80/20)

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014

Edited by adslmax (Thu 08-Oct-20 08:33:16)

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Thu 08-Oct-20 10:09:28
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Plusnet customer service are the worst now during coronavirus situation as my parents line is fault and raise fault ticket at PN but no ones seem bother to pick up ticket nor forum for 7 days now. Try phoned they can't help because they haven't got the tool to check as all PN staffs are at home (working from at home as they only try to bring new customer who sign up quicker than deal with all their customers with faulty broadband, billing issues in the back long queue!

My parents think ENOUGH now and will move to TalkTalk. They think PN are going downhills lately and no ones seem care to help them.

I will also leaving PN soon as I think my parents are better off join TalkTalk lower budget for their need. Me - maybe moving to TalkTalk, Sky Broadband or Zen Internet ( on G.fast 160/30 from FTTC 80/20)

I am sorry to hear that they are having issues with Plusnet. I for one however wouldn't move to TalkTalk if someone paid me. Sky would be better or one of the smaller outfits.

TalkTalk are cheap for a reason.

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Oct-20 10:17:54
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

My parents not happy and want to get out of contract as PN refused to waive their contract as there is no broadband on their line, no dial tone now. PN seem useless as told my parents to raise the fault online, raise the fault on 1st october was told openreach engineer will come on Monday 4 days ago wait all day no engineer and the fault ticket still not picked up since octoner 1st. My dad asked plusnet to written off contract so they can go elsewhere as PN refused it.

PN has gone very bad now they seem don't care about customer anymore but still taking money without broadband. U can see ticket below as they are suppose to reply but not picked it up since!

https://ibb.co/YfM3Bqn

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014

Edited by adslmax (Thu 08-Oct-20 10:22:53)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Oct-20 10:24:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by CJT:
I am sorry to hear that they are having issues with Plusnet. I for one however wouldn't move to TalkTalk if someone paid me. Sky would be better or one of the smaller outfits.

TalkTalk are cheap for a reason.

Ok I tell them to avoid talktalk. Only Sky or Zen then.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Oct-20 10:28:09
Print Post

Don't let the shocking customer service on TalkTalk put you off. I was with them for 2 years on FTTC and they were absolutely rock solid 24/7.

I used my own kit and only had to contact them once. Found their support via the TT forum very helpful.

I'd rather go with TalkTalk than Vodafone.

-

EE Fibre+ 78980 | 19999kbps

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A + Asus RT-AC68U
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Sun 18-Oct-20 11:08:21
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

Whereas I've been with Vodafone since Jan and my connection has been solid since day one, and the one time I contacted CS, which was to get the DSL username/password so I could use my own router it took all of 2 minutes via chat so no complaints from me.

On the other hand I wouldn't touch TT even if it were free.

Their poor CS aside, the utter incompetence they showed during the "hacking scandal" completely pollutes the brand AFAIAC and wouldn't entrust them with my data under any circumstance...
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Oct-20 11:29:35
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
Don't let the shocking customer service on TalkTalk put you off. I was with them for 2 years on FTTC and they were absolutely rock solid 24/7.

I used my own kit and only had to contact them once. Found their support via the TT forum very helpful.

I'd rather go with TalkTalk than Vodafone.

Apart from when they can supply the service.
A friend of mine who was put onto ADSL, her fault, but that is another story that is here somewhere, anyway, I put in for an upgrade a few weeks back to FTTC and I thought it went through, but it has not and I have not go around to finding out why yet.
She had an email a couple of weeks ago apologising for not being able to provide the service she required or something like that, and they have given her £25.
As I have only had a coffee with here a couple of times over the last couple of weeks I have not really thought about what it meant.
But thinking about it, it was to compensate for not being able to provide FTTC.
I will have to get the user name and password from my friend of her account, so I can get in touch with the and see. There was FTTC at the address before, supplied by Talk talk, so the only thing I can think of is that the cabinet filled up quickly.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to