General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Oct-20 11:35:02
Print Post

Re: Leaving BT but who to go to?

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Davey_H:
Whereas I've been with Vodafone since Jan and my connection has been solid since day one, and the one time I contacted CS, which was to get the DSL username/password so I could use my own router it took all of 2 minutes via chat so no complaints from me.

On the other hand I wouldn't touch TT even if it were free.

Their poor CS aside, the utter incompetence they showed during the "hacking scandal" completely pollutes the brand AFAIAC and wouldn't entrust them with my data under any circumstance...

And yet now the person who ran Talk Talk at the time is now in charge of the track and trace system in the U.K, who would have thought it smile

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Highland76
(committed) Sun 18-Oct-20 11:46:32
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I know you 💗 bashing TalkTalk but their network is rock solid. Been with both their residential and business services on ADSL2+, FTTC and now FTTP and never had any issues with their service. TTR’s phone support isn’t the best but any issues can be resolved by their uk based staff on their forums. If they were really as bad as you always like to tell us, then they wouldn’t have around 4 million customers. And believe me, people will always leave an ISP in droves if their actual service is poor....remember Orange LLU around 2009?

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User neo_wales
(regular) Sun 18-Oct-20 16:07:09
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Zyborg is well known (different user names) on other forums, he hates TT, Microsoft/W10, contactless payment cards, loyalty cards and thinks he's been spied on and tracked 24/7 and is just stuck in a groove repeating the same old nonsense.

Plus one vote from me for TT, rock solid connection for years.

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i9 main PC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Oct-20 18:54:57
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
I know you 💗 bashing TalkTalk but their network is rock solid. Been with both their residential and business services on ADSL2+, FTTC and now FTTP and never had any issues with their service. TTR’s phone support isn’t the best but any issues can be resolved by their uk based staff on their forums. If they were really as bad as you always like to tell us, then they wouldn’t have around 4 million customers. And believe me, people will always leave an ISP in droves if their actual service is poor....remember Orange LLU around 2009?

I am not bashing Talk Talk, I am bashing the person who was running it at the time.

People will stay with them because they are cheap and some people do not realise they are getting a bad service, they may think what they are getting is normal.
But saying that, their FTTC service seems to be far better than their ADSL service, I know people who went from Talk Talk ADSL to their FTTC service and it is fine.

When I was thinking of changing from Plusnet a few months back, even I looked at Talk Talk, but I just could not make the jump, I am glad I did not as I got a better deal from plusnet.
but as i said I was not bashing Talk Talk.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Sun 18-Oct-20 18:55:55
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

As are you for immediately coming to their defence whenever anyones even remotely negative about them...
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 20-Oct-20 12:26:19
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Well I am sure everyone will have differing experiences of their ISP's.

To update anyone interested, I am still "stuck" with BT and not going anywhere fast because "someone" (probably Openreach) scewed up the move from DV to PSTN and now I have no landline and no FTTC service. I am stuck using their 4G Mini Hub.

As of tomorrow it will be 7 days of no service, and 14 since the changeover was supposed to happen. Understandbly I am fuming!

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User jamie1985
(newbie) Tue 20-Oct-20 23:19:20
Print Post

Re: Leaving BT but who to go to? *DELETED*

Post deleted by jamie1985
Standard User jamie1985
(newbie) Tue 20-Oct-20 23:22:55
Print Post

I would be fuming to if i had to wait that long.

and covid is not helping with things either.

Hopefully you get this mess sorted out sooner rather than later frown

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Oct-20 09:40:18
Print Post

That is rubbish and they need to sort it out.
I would not be happy either.
This is the main problem with not being able to get in touch with open reach, you have to take your provider word for everything.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Fri 06-Nov-20 09:05:43
Print Post

Just in case anyone was remotely interested I STILL don't have any service from BT.

Over 2 weeks now on a 4G WiFi MiniHub!

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to