General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Nov-20 19:11:38
Print Post

Re: Leaving BT but who to go to?

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
In terms of what the current IDNet offering is, CJT will need to check.

Looks like it could be FTTC SMPF when IDNet are saying that migrations from full LLU (MPF) FTTC involve a charge. IDNet looks pretty good if a SMPF TTB migration is offered and thus keep the landline with BTw smile
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Thu 12-Nov-20 22:46:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
One other choice you might want to consider is going to TT Business who are offering some very favourable deals at the moment. The downside is that you are taking out a 24 month contract with TTB, whereas Pulse8 and IDNet are 1 month rolling contracts. Not sure I can bring myself to commit for that length of time, but there are significant savings to be had, so worth a think.

Thanks for the clarification. I will of course be ringing IDNet,Pluse8 and potentially Uno (who are on here) just to clarify any charges or potential issues before making the final choice. Also my landline is still not accepting incoming calls, so I need to wait for that (been told it should be resolved tonight)

FYI - Regarding the quote above from TTB's own site I noticed this - 12/18-month contracts available - call - and then they quote a number - so they DO have 12/18 m contracts smile

Just thinking do I have to be a business to have a business connection? As their offer IS quite impressive. As I mentioned to RobertoS ironically I was looking at them for a friend who needs to move from BT Business in the near future.

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Nov-20 23:02:20
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJT:
FYI - Regarding the quote above from TTB's own site I noticed this - 12/18-month contracts available - call - and then they quote a number - so they DO have 12/18 m contracts smile

You are correct. They didn't last time I looked, but do now. The 12/18/24 month options for FTTC are listed here. Just remember these are business prices so don't include VAT, so you need to add on 20% (as you will with Uno as well)

Just thinking do I have to be a business to have a business connection?

No, you don't. Thay are quite happy to supply private lines.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Fri 13-Nov-20 08:36:36
Print Post

Good Morning jaydub,

Thank you for that link, that saves me calling TT Business, even for my friend (as I was going to ask for their 12 m costs).

I shall be spending some of today working out my options smile

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-20 03:14:03
Print Post

How are you getting on with your thoughts? @CJT

Zen > AAISP Home::1 1TB > BT Infinity 2 > Sky Fibre Max
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-20 08:19:22
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LadFromWales85:
How are you getting on with your thoughts? @CJT

Good Morning LadFromWales85 I am 95% sure I will go with IDNet I need to have a quick chat with them over install dates/times as I WFH and therefore need the install date to be a day I will not be working.

At present though Openreach fixed the FTTC, the telephone is still partly out of action. Awaiting a call today from BT to update me!

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User Highland76
(committed) Tue 17-Nov-20 10:02:44
Print Post

If you're going to be working from home, why not take out a business grade service (eg with TalkTalk Business) where you get a better SLA wrt fix times? Unless you've chosen a business offering with IDNet rather than one of their residential services?

TalkTalk Business Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-20 12:27:41
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
If you're going to be working from home, why not take out a business grade service (eg with TalkTalk Business) where you get a better SLA wrt fix times? Unless you've chosen a business offering with IDNet rather than one of their residential services?

That's a very very good question, and tbh has one simple answer. Because I had no idea that BT would be able to screw up something SO simple as a product transfer! However I have learnt a valuable lesson, and that's never use BT again!

I hadn't at the time considered a business service but now you mention it, I will keep it in mind.

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User LadFromWales85
(experienced) Wed 18-Nov-20 04:31:51
Print Post

IDNet seem quite expensive once you add the VAT, though I thought all of IDNet packages were business class?

What care level do Talk Talk Business apply on PSTN? Level 2?

I'll certainly be considering them if level 2 is included in the £27 odd Inc VAT per month!

Zen > AAISP Home::1 1TB > BT Infinity 2 > Sky Fibre Max
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 18-Nov-20 10:30:31
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

Pulse8 are all (that I have checked) Business Level 2. Click the "i" symbol. 48-hour target.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to