General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Feb-21 10:20:34
Print Post

Re: Opinions of Pulse8?

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blfamily:
There wasn't a waiting list BTCustomer Forum have confirmed tha from the availability checker.
The place to check for Waiting List is the BT Wholesale Checker. Not a forum, particularly an ISP one. But very few providers use it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Feb-21 10:27:02
Print Post

Re: Opinions of Pulse8?

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
If I've understood things correctly, the port is not "owned" by the existing end user. A cessation releases the port which is then allocated to the next on the waiting list. The end user who released the port joins at the bottom of that waiting list.
Correct. AIUI there doesn't even need to be a waiting list. Just "full", and the Openreach system doesn't seem to do the cease and provide immediately.

It appears to cease the connection and wait for confirmation from the system before auctioning the order. During which time another order can be placed for, say, an ADSL>FTTC upgrade and allocated the port. (Note, just what seems to me to happen quite often).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to