Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Oct-11 10:20:01
Print Post

Re: Firefox 7

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AEP:
Firefox is about to lose its second place in the browser standings to Chrome. I can't help but think it must be doing something wrong.

yeah its trying to be chrome but chrome does chrome better than firefox.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 07-Oct-11 02:20:57
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
You COULD divulge some USEFUL information before sending us all the way to Berkeley....
About what?

What is it for ? What does it add ? What does it do ? Need I say more ???
Standard User HarrysPlusnet
(newbie) Fri 07-Oct-11 09:51:23
Print Post

[re: michaelh] [link to this post]

Colorful Tabs is incompatible

Works ok on my FF7!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HarrysPlusnet
(newbie) Fri 07-Oct-11 09:55:04
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I reported tesco.com and other visa verification sites broken, mozilla closed bug as web site broken funny. So it works in FF3.6 IE, opera. Visa and tesco major companies used by millions and firefox wont fix.

Tesco and visa verification (and Colourful tabs) works ok with my FF7!!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 07-Oct-11 20:31:34
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You COULD divulge some USEFUL information before sending us all the way to Berkeley....
About what?

It's explained on the site. You don't have to actually travel to Berkeley - just click the link wink

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 07-Oct-11 22:52:13
Print Post

... nested quotes trimmed ...
About what?

It's explained on the site. You don't have to actually travel to Berkeley - just click the link wink

There is 'apparently useful' information EVERYWHERE on the internet.
So if I say clik HERE, THERE and SOMEWHEREELSE you just will ???

Most of us don't have the time to blunder about.....
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Fri 07-Oct-11 22:59:52
Print Post

Firefox 6 was unreliable, just opening a new tab caused it to crash. I gave up in the end and switched to Google Chrome.

Not going to try Firefox 7.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Oct-11 09:23:52
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
It does and I want it to stay. But if chrome dont have it I guess firefox will copy and remove it soon.

Think what the average resolution is now days on a desktop, even on a laptop its fairly high.

Then ask yourself what is the point of trying to save the space taken up by the search bar. The address bar would get bigger and its already easily big enough.

It is not about space, it is about ease of use. If I type something into the address bar on Iron it will go to the search engine I want and search for it, so if I muck up it will search, if I put the right address in it will go to the site.

With Firefox, if I enter something into the address bar, it will not search it will add .com on the end so I get something I don't want and it also seem to search with Google even if I change the order of the search engines.

I must admit I not that fond of the address bar being below the tabs, that is one thing about Firefox you change that and now doubt even if they get rid of the search bar you will be able to get it back.

It seems browsers (and OS's windows 8 onwards) are now been primarily designed for mobile devices. Which have severe space issues on their tiny screens.

Because we are told that is the way things are going, which I suppose it is to a certain degree.

But I still prefer my desktop and got no intention of buying a tablet or another laptop either.

I reported tesco.com and other visa verification sites broken, mozilla closed bug as web site broken funny. So it works in FF3.6 IE, opera. Visa and tesco major companies used by millions and firefox wont fix.

I don't know as I stopped using Firefox for my main browser after version 3.6

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Oct-11 09:26:11
Print Post

Re: Good news

[re: DavidFinbarr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DavidFinbarr:
In reply to a post by 12eason:
Silent updates are being implemented in FF10.

Good to see you can opt out and you still will be able to chose the folder location.

But for how long?

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Oct-11 09:28:00
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 5km:
Firefox 6 was unreliable, just opening a new tab caused it to crash. I gave up in the end and switched to Google Chrome.

Not going to try Firefox 7.

i found that with version 3.6, it was slow and crashed a lot, I stuck with it for a while, but got fed up so looked about for other browsers, I did not want Chrome, but fond Iron which is a chrome clone and it don't auto update, which is a good thing

Adrian

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to