Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Sep-11 14:01:36
Print Post

Re: Firefox 7

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by micksharpe:
Wow! Another major release. Any powerful new features?
They've taken away the http:// from the url bar

and whats the reason for that?

the url bar is massive given the removal of other stuff as well. Do they think we need an extra 4 characters or something?
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Sep-11 14:05:41
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

funny I click on check for updates and its downloading an update.

I told it to check not download. If I was doing this on my 3G dongle I would be furious.

It does seem tho on every FF update they either copying chrome or making changes for the sake of it.

Now its done its download it just says apply update and not what version it is, very devious behaviour of the app now.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 30-Sep-11 22:18:17
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
Firefox 7.0.1 is out now.
Got it. Thanks

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User michaelh
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Oct-11 08:27:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
Firefox 7.0.1 is out now.
Got it. Thanks

Colorful Tabs is incompatible

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 08:36:17
Print Post

[re: michaelh] [link to this post]

True
ColorfulTabs 6.0.1 for Firefox 4, 5 & 6 {released Aug 21, 2011}

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Oct-11 10:37:41
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
the url bar is massive given the removal of other stuff as well. Do they think we need an extra 4 characters or something?

Have firefox still got the separate search box? I love the way chrome uses the URL box for searching as well entering addresses.

I was surprised that I did like it so much to be honest, but I could not go back to a separate search box

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 11:14:01
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:

Have firefox still got the separate search box? I love the way chrome uses the URL box for searching as well entering addresses.

I was surprised that I did like it so much to be honest, but I could not go back to a separate search box
You can remove it.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Oct-11 09:23:58
Print Post

You can remove it.

i know you can remove it, you could do that even in version 2, but the URL bar did not work like the one on Chrome.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User alext05
(member) Mon 03-Oct-11 10:19:43
Print Post

You can use Firefox address bar to do search.

http://techreviews.in/use-firefox-address-bar-for-go...
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Oct-11 12:35:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:

It does and I want it to stay. But if chrome dont have it I guess firefox will copy and remove it soon.

Think what the average resolution is now days on a desktop, even on a laptop its fairly high.

Then ask yourself what is the point of trying to save the space taken up by the search bar. The address bar would get bigger and its already easily big enough.

It seems browsers (and OS's windows 8 onwards) are now been primarily designed for mobile devices. Which have severe space issues on their tiny screens.

I reported tesco.com and other visa verification sites broken, mozilla closed bug as web site broken funny. So it works in FF3.6 IE, opera. Visa and tesco major companies used by millions and firefox wont fix.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to