Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 26-Oct-12 00:31:32
Print Post

Re: Win7 or Win8

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

But these aren't well known companies, are they.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Oct-12 01:56:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No...... They are the backbone of British industry and their ilk probably far outnumbers "well known" companies in terms of employees.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 26-Oct-12 02:13:45
Print Post

And they don't have Enterprise Agreements with Microsoft, do they.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Oct-12 08:04:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by Deadbeat:
Except 6.22. wink
Yeah but v4 makes his point nicely smile

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he could. RIP.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 26-Oct-12 08:54:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Deadbeat:
Except 6.22. wink
True, but the first 4 (retail) versions of v6 were nothing to write home about, so I think the general point still stands.

Bill
[email protected] __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Oct-12 09:11:20
Print Post

After several stays in hospital recently and many follow-up visits, I note that the health service largely run XP. In fact, I don't remember seeing any other OS in use.
Are they big enough for you?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 26-Oct-12 09:15:34
Print Post

NHS Scotland has snubbed open source alternatives to re-engage with Microsoft after signing an Enterprise Agreement covering the deployment of Windows 7 on nearly 100,000 desktops.

The three year contract penned this summer is estimated to be worth around £5m in total with 17 of the 22 health boards in Scotland signing up.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 26-Oct-12 09:24:53
Print Post

So not even the whole of scotland signed up for that upgrade and NHS scotland is still only a very small chunk of the NHS in total. I have seen some department still using DOS based PC''s.

It doesn't matter if home users rush out and buy it in large numbers on the whole companies of all sizes as well as givernmen departments are very happy with XP, it does everything they want, they can get staff trained all to the same standard.

Getting Win 7 accepted was hard enough for enterpise customers Win8 will ne nearly impossable, and yes the "average" computer user in a company is an "idiot" who will throw a wobbly when something is moved or changed.

As far as I can see MS threw a big two fingered salute to the whole of their enterpise base and started chasing the tablet market which has little to zero money in it anyways.
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-Oct-12 09:42:11
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Getting Win 7 accepted was hard enough for enterpise customers Win8 will be nearly impossible
I'm not convinced that that is true.
the "average" computer user in a company is an "idiot" who will throw a wobbly when something is moved or changed
You must have worked with some very poor companies. I migrated 1,000+ users from DOS to Windows 3.1, then to Windows 3.5, then to Windows 2000, then to Windows XP. Very few people took more than a few days to get used to the new systems. No-one ever asked to revert to the old one.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Oct-12 16:25:09
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

But why move the address bar from left to right?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to