Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Sun 04-Nov-12 07:58:06
Print Post

Re: Win7 or Win8

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

Apple, and their fans, are knocking it,

Apple have had almost nothing to say about Surface. When asked Tim Cook admitted he'd not seen or used one, but said ... "we're reading that it's a fairly compromised, confusing product." adding, "I suppose you could design a car that flies and floats, but I don't think it would do all of those things very well. When people look at the iPad versus competitive offerings, I think they'll continue to want an iPad." I suspect he is right.

Des

The original 32 bit junkie now snorting pure 64. Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 1 Mac, 2. Hackintoshes, 1 PC, 2 HTPCs, iPhone, iPad, OS X, Windows 7

Rehab is for quitters
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 04-Nov-12 09:17:59
Print Post

[re: Desmond] [link to this post]

I agree it doesn't seem to be Apple users who are knocking win8 or surface but windows usres who definately don't like the direction that MS have taken.

Apple isn't worried at all they have sheer fanactical following with people buying their products year after year.

But we have heard all the same rhetoric from MS, wasn't Zune meant to be the iPod killer?
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 04-Nov-12 09:25:38
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The word "from the horse's mouth" (reference very much intended). And the man hadn't actually seen a Surface.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 04-Nov-12 11:53:00
Print Post

He's probably unaware that Surface comes with Office, so it's usable in a business environment - unlike the iPad.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:12:37
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I think he's got his fair share of problems right now. Faltering sales, plumetting shares, increasingly serious competition, disastrous court cases, and now the prospect of a jail sentence in absentia for contempt of court. This guy is no Steve Jobs.
Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:39:28
Print Post

[re: Desmond] [link to this post]

Apple have had almost nothing to say about Surface. When asked Tim Cook admitted he'd not seen or used one, but said ... "we're reading that it's a fairly compromised, confusing product."

Anyone that doesn't think Apple isn't closely looking at it to see if they think MS are infringing any of their patents are deluded.

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.

Edited by DavidFinbarr (Sun 04-Nov-12 12:40:06)

Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 04-Nov-12 12:52:29
Print Post

[re: DavidFinbarr] [link to this post]

Microsoft are too clever for that; and they have their own portfolio of patents. This is why Apple are worried enough about Surface to start rubbishing it. Here they have to compete in the market, not in the courts.
Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Mon 05-Nov-12 06:47:38
Print Post

[re: DavidFinbarr] [link to this post]

Anyone that doesn't think Apple isn't closely looking at it to see if they think MS are infringing any of their patents are deluded.

Did I say they weren't?

Des

The original 32 bit junkie now snorting pure 64. Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 1 Mac, 2. Hackintoshes, 1 PC, 2 HTPCs, iPhone, iPad, OS X, Windows 7

Rehab is for quitters
Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Mon 05-Nov-12 06:56:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

so it's usable in a business environment - unlike the iPad.

Anyone who thinks that it needs office to be useful or already deployed in huge numbers in business environments is displaying a chronic lack of imagination and knowledge whren it comes what actually goes on in a business environment.

Des

Rehab is for quitters
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Mon 05-Nov-12 15:15:57
Print Post

Massive fail. This is the end for M$
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to