Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sat 23-Aug-14 11:14:44
Print Post

Re: Cann't boot to offical Windows 7 install disc in BIOS?

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

It is NOT a modern rig since it is at least 4-5 years old motherboard! I am sure that it has been booting into BIOS format.
Thank you

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows 7 Pro !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sat 23-Aug-14 11:30:42
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Well my PC's graphic output connector is DVI and the other end connected to my TV is HDMI. So, yes, I'm using the HDMI port of my TV. But firstly I haven't got a VGA graphic O/P from my TV, except HDMIs, and secondly I would like to maintain BETTER graphic than just VGA by keeping the HDMI connection. For my issues, I think it is NOT the graphic HDMI interface been causing my misery because there was absolutely NO ACTIVITIES in my PC from neither the DVD drive's LED nor the HDD's LED at all.
Thanks

Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Aug-14 14:11:22
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
The DVD Drive is brand-new and has been booting O.K in various Linux, and even Windows XP install DVD, bootable DVDs from the same PC. So it is most likely SW/FW related for my problem.
Thanks
Everything in your OP indicates that the DVD drive in your ASRock system does not like your Windows 7 installation disk for some reason. If I were you, I would swap out the DVD drive, even if you have to nick one from another system as a test. It's a lot simpler and safer than re-flashing your motherboard. Microsoft's Compatibility Centre lists the Conroe1333-DVI/H as being Windows 7 compatible.

The fact the your DVD drive can read other installation media and that other DVD drives can read your installation disk does not rule out the possibility that your disk is below spec. and your drive cannot handle it although others can. Still, you seem pretty certain about what is not causing the problem so I'll leave you to find out what actually is.

"All things are ready, if our minds be so."--Henry V

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sun 24-Aug-14 09:57:15
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Thank you for the suggestion. Previously I did swap out my DVD Drives while my 1st DVD was showing exactly the same symptoms. Then I swapped it with the existing brand-new DVD Drive, which unfortunately is showing exactly the same symptom too! That is why I am suspecting that my Asrock MB keeps failing to boot to my Windows 7 disc is "unique" to my Asrock MB, possibly its FW....................
Very frustrating

Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sun 31-Aug-14 11:26:30
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I have finally tracked down to WHAT was causing my above problem! It was NOT the DVD Drive nor my MB's FW needed updating! It was my DVI-D interface from my graphic card to my TV's HDMI interface causing this problem! Whenever I connected my above PC's DVI-D port, which looking to support HDCP (High-Definition Control Protection), to my TV's HDMI port it would freeze up my PC whenever I was attempting to boot into my Wndows 7 install disc or even attemping to run W7. However I could install Windows 7 as NORMAL if I switched to my PC's VGA interface and used my TV's RGB port instead. My PC would also freeze even if I had installed and running normally with Windows 7 using VGA connections but switching to above DVI-D to HDMI interconnections afterwards!! So,. yes, it was my DVI-D to HDMI interface been causing my above problem for windows 7. As for WHY I just don't know.....Could it be the "HDCP" signal causing it in W7 ?????
Did some one run Windows 7 with their DVI-D and HDMI interfaces successfully????

Thanks for all your previous suggestion as it was quite difficult to track down until some one suggested the possible issues with HDMI interfaces.

P.S: My old Windows XP Pro was running perfectly normal with this DVI-D to HDMI connections previusly!

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Sep-14 10:33:42
Print Post

You might find that if you can get it installed using a different monitor that once the drivers are all on that it would probably work with the HDMI. The problem may just be that the boot media doesn't work with the config but that Win 7 could well be fine.
Standard User mittenkrust
(member) Tue 02-Sep-14 02:42:04
Print Post

I have had hdmi out and dvi out on my cards for over 6 years with no problems installing with hdmi and dvi at same time(apart from the fact it clones the picture on both screens so I normally have hdmi tv turned off when installing)

A way of doing it is if its a older version of W7 get a latest version legally obtainable online to download.
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 16:15:35
Print Post

[re: mittenkrust] [link to this post]

I believed my Windows 7 Pro disc is a legal one despite it displaying Dell's logo in the Administrator ICON after installation. Just forgot to say that my MB came with its PCI-E DVI-D extended card (Asrock-1333 DVI/H R2.0) and I had to plug that card in to get DVI-D output, which was causing me the said problem UNLESS I switched to the MB's on-board VGA output. I have just ordered a separate DVI & HDMI PCI-E graphic card and will use that instead when it arrives, hoping that my DVI-D problems were due to "incompatible HW" issue of that Asrock's extended DVI card.
Just a few moree days I will find out!!!!

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to