Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sat 19-Sep-15 08:15:04
Print Post

Windows 10 Data Copy or Back Up

[link to this post]

Hello, I'm hoping for a little bit of help and advice and would be grateful for any and all input.

Have just built a pc with Windows 10 Pro 64. The OS is on a Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, called drive C. I have a 2TB normal HDD (WD RED) which I have mapped my User folders on to (and will put Outlook stores, etc on too) - I have this as drive D. I have put in another 2TB (WD Red), Drive Z, which I aim to set up to be a mirror (back up) of drive D.

I don't know if it matters or not but have set up the 2TB drives as GPT (they'll never try to be read by an older machine and I liked the idea of double partition tables over the single of MBR?)

Now, that's my plan and drives C and D all set up and relevant folders mapped to D. Drive Z is initialised as GPT and installed but no further yet, no folders or anything set up on that.

My question is what is the best software to use for copying drive D contents to Drive Z?

Also, if I've done a silly thing by this configuration, I'd welcome any other suggestions smile

If it's needed, the hardware is: i5 6600K, 8GB DDR4, Corsair RM650 modular PSU, DVDRW, Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P Rev 1 MB. All drives are NTFS.

Thanks for any and all advice.
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sat 19-Sep-15 12:44:01
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 Data Copy or Back Up

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

Hi

Try SyncBack Free Linky

Use it all the time; does synchronising as well as backups (hence the name!), can run schedules too even on the free version.

Regards
  Print Thread

Jump to