Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 30-Nov-15 09:49:09
Print Post

Re: Threshold 2 for Windows 10

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

However, it seems that Microsoft has found a way to take three steps back from that progress by insisting that all users who recently upgraded their systems to Windows 10 must use the new OS for a month before they can install the update.
Link. Looks like a scary update from the rest of the article.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Nov-15 16:51:30
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
You said all the same about Windows 8!

Just go with the flow and stop being negative - all the "spying" stuff can still be disabled.

At least Windows 8 did not want to know what you was doing and delete software. the problemn now is that since Windows 10 is a what Ms calls a service they can add what they want and we would be none the wiser. why arE they not telling us what the updates do? Sneaky, very sneaky

There are still parts of Windows 8 I do not like, but at least most of the bits I do not like I can change or hide.
Lets all go with the flow, MS says jump and we all ask how high.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Nov-15 16:54:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:
Microsoft prevented Threshold being available for a few days if you had installed any updates the day before to stop their servers being overwhelmed apparently.

Oh I see. I just installed from scratch as a clean install, I have not done any updates since, for some reason my computer have decided to give up on updates even after re-enabling updates.

I thinking of going back to 8.1 tomorrow.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Nov-15 20:01:06
Print Post

Windows 10 Threshold 2 will not be installed for 31 days post-upgrade from Windows 7/8, because it removes the ability to roll back to Windows 7/8, and users are promised the ability to downgrade for 31 days post upgrade.

Oliver.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Dec-15 16:24:59
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Microsoft never have said what exactly an update has done, which can be annoying.

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Dec-15 17:36:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:
Microsoft never have said what exactly an update has done, which can be annoying.
there was more information about updates for previous versions of Windows than with 10. We have no idea now what each update does

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Dec-15 21:28:20
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I've always found that the details of updates to be very vague. This is especially true for drivers (no version given, for example).

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to