Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Dec-15 19:59:53
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Won't your making personal insults get you into a lot of trouble also?
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:00:21
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by neo_wales:
In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Are you sure about that? Remember MS have been downloading Windows 10 setup files to computers where that icon have not been ticked. I would not put it past MS to try and put more pressure on people to update.

i will turn GWX back on for a few days and see what happens.

the new nag have just come up and I have not clicked on anything to say I want Windows 10, so it seems this new nag will be on all Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 machines.

Oh no, that mean more computers i will have to sort out.

Your mates don't seem to have much luck with computers you sort out, perhaps leave them alone lol

I only know a couple of folk who've had running issues with W10, perhaps they are running newer kit than your chums?

Oh look it is my stalker, the sad nit who have nothing better to do with his life, go back and play with your chums on digital spy.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:01:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by rogerfp:
Exactly, money men pull the strings and determine release dates, not software developers.

That is very true.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:04:22
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
It is clear that you don't understand the difference.

I'm afraid this thread has got too personally bad tempered (I don't mean you) for it to be worth bothering with further. It's a shame that so many discussions end up with petty name calling.

No need for it really,

We should be able to have a discussion without name calling.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:12:24
Print Post

You really are an embarrassment, RobertoS. Making personal insults is going to get you into a lot of trouble. Time to shut up.
Let's start with your first post in the thread smile, and then continue missing out none:-
As far as those whinging and whining about being a "beta" version. They are don't know what they are talking about. All operating systems and software are beta versions.
You really don't know what you are talking about. The release version is just the best beta version available at the time that a product has to be put out to market. Remind me again,how many years you worked for Microsoft?
You have no experience and know nothing about O/S software development. So when you are in a hole, just stop digging. Otherwise you are just going to embarrass yourself.
So how many operating system developments have you and RoberoS been involved in? Thought so. When you have worked for Microsoft for 10 years having been at stages involved in developing Operating Systems, I might value your opinions. Until then your opinions are just conjecture and worthless.
Remind me again how many years you worked for Microsoft?
Now every loser publishes their sob story about how Wndows 10 doesn't work them because they don't understand how to install and configure and troubleshoot it.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Ignorance is temporary, stupidity is permanent
How many years did you work developing operating systems?
Thought so. Another amateur.
The usual petty and childish comments that we have come to expect from you. Time to grow up.
Wow, how ignorant can you get?
In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Wow, how ignorant can you get?
Well, you start off like you are now, then eventually you'll get better. It's called experience.
Shame you didn't
You should address your posts to someone who gives a [email protected]
Wow, what a [censored]
Usually a clean install resolves 99% of any problems. Many are not technically competent to do this and consequently blame the O/S as being a faulty product.
Grow up and stop being so pathetically childish.
If you say so. I'll put my hands up and defer to your vast experience and knowledge of installing OS's. I must have been really unlucky with the 6000+ I have installed over the last 25 years, in that almost all needed configuring and setting up after the initial installation.
No one asked for your opinion. BTW. As you obviously can't read, I never, ever said I write operating systems! Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so they say. There are many on here who are not surprised at your stupid comments.
Now one that breaks the pattern:-
For approximately 2 years I was involved in helping to develop an OS. I have never said that I was involved in writing them. I don't have that sort of background or ability. But it was a good insight in how the process pans out of bringing the OS to market. BTW, I am not referring to the Insider Program as some have implied. I was working in house. Hope this clarifies my involvement.
Back to normal:-
You are talking out of your backside as usual.
Another acceptable one:-
You really don't know?
In reply to a post by BatBoy:
For approximately 2 years I was involved in helping to develop an OS. I have never said that I was involved in writing them.
Looks like you're implying there's a difference between these 2 things. What's the difference between developing and writing exactly?
Ye gods, the light dawns:-
Exactly, money men pull the strings and determine release dates, not software developers.
Then the post this is a reply to, quoted at the start.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the argument on both sides, I think your attitude is fairly obvious. I was also very amused by your final quote here - that the money men pull the strings. A very succinct summary of what I started with and have continued to argue. I believe the development managers would not have released it in July.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:15:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Who cares what you think
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:22:38
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Moving this thread back to the original post.

Curiously wondering why it's entitled winfiws 10? Unless it's a case of the OP knowing how to type but the keyboard not listening to him - in this case, the adjacent key syndrome grin

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:29:29
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
Moving this thread back to the original post.

Curiously wondering why it's entitled winfiws 10? Unless it's a case of the OP knowing how to type but the keyboard not listening to him - in this case, the adjacent key syndrome grin

Good point.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:36:55
Print Post

Who cares what you think
You apparently.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Dec-15 20:41:50
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

It was only last night I figured out what it was! For a long time I thought it was some new gadget for Win 10 and the thread had got side-tracked.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to