Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Dec-15 12:08:42
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Are you saying that MS are lying about the ability to update a previous product?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Dec-15 12:38:20
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

FYI

http://www.alphr.com/operating-systems/1002095/16-wi...

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Dec-15 13:03:57
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Was only responding to the fact you were suggesting people were doing something stupid to result in the issues. I haven't said it is beta and recent MS software has been far more likely to work than the stuff from years ago. From a corporate perspective the advice was to never go for a .0 release of MS software (or indeed almost any software). BSODs were a fact of life for many years and yet Win 7 onwards are very unlikely to have such a catastrophic failure.

I don't believe MS are any worse that others but they do still have a larger install base than any other desktop OS. If you look at Android and iOS they almost always have issues with a major release as well. OSs these days are so complex, have to support many configurations and have so many billions of lines of code that there will always be issues with any release - anyone that thinks their favourite OS doesn't have issues is most likely misguided.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Fri 18-Dec-15 13:11:54
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

An Android update completely bricked my Nexus tablet so it is now a useless hunk of plastic. Seriously unimpressed.
Standard User lelboy
(committed) Fri 18-Dec-15 14:41:15
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

You are aware that you come over as a singularly unpleasant person?
I've been on the outside of this thread, but all I get from you is arrogance and rudeness to long-standing members, that you take exception to. TBB really could do without your "contributions" - as all they appear to be are diatribes against normal members. You say that Roberto S will attract bad comments? What planet are you on? Bob's contributions over the years have provided humour and help - which is more than can be said for you. I suggest you rethink your attitude - or perhaps leave TBB completely.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Dec-15 17:57:09
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
It used to take longer when Windows came on 30-odd floppies. But you could still do several at a time; it just got a bit boring swapping floppies.

I am so glad I never had to do that, my windows 95 came on Cd. My Amiga OS was on floppies, but not 30 by a long way.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Dec-15 18:00:37
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
An Android update completely bricked my Nexus tablet so it is now a useless hunk of plastic. Seriously unimpressed.

No way to get it back at all? I must admit I get a but worried when there is an update for my phone or tablet and I normally leave it for a while until I heard it is ok. My Nexus 4 phone will not be updated anymore, my Nexus 7 tablet was updated to the latest version of Android a few weeks back.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Fri 18-Dec-15 21:36:27
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

If you want any assistance, advice or resolutions on almost every aspect of Windows 10 from installation thru current issues, then I would recommend you have a look at this site http://www.tenforums.com
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 22-Dec-15 09:19:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

indeed.

The issue will eventually come to a head regarding the free upgrade but I believe the following process will workaround it.

1 - upgrade to win10 and make sure is activated, then downgrade again.

The win10 will then be activated for the hardware. So if you upgrade say 3 years later you wont have to buy it.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Tue 22-Dec-15 09:30:15
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I wouldn't rely upon the Windows 10 key remaining valid if you reactivate the Windows 7 key. I suspect that you would have to go through the upgrade process, including activation, again. Wait until after the free upgrade period and you will no longer be eligible for the free upgrade.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to