Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 18:52:11
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

"Beta" version has a specific meaning. It's for live environment testing prior to full release. A full general release is not supposed to be a beta.

The number of problems encountered with Win 10 strongly indicate it was not adequately beta-tested so should not have gone on full release to the public. The released version was still at beta level.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:06:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Rubbish.
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:07:18
Print Post

You really don't know what you are talking about. The release version is just the best beta version available at the time that a product has to be put out to market. Remind me again,how many years you worked for Microsoft?

Edited by rogerfp (Wed 16-Dec-15 19:12:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:39:36
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english...

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:42:54
Print Post

If Microsoft consider, and teach their staff, that beta versions can be put on general release, no wonder they have got in such a mess over the last few years with Windows, and business users rejecting their OS as not fit for purpose.

I have never worked for Microsoft, and have never been brain-washed.

Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:46:04
Print Post

You have no experience and know nothing about O/S software development. So when you are in a hole, just stop digging. Otherwise you are just going to embarrass yourself.

Edited by rogerfp (Wed 16-Dec-15 19:49:31)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:52:20
Print Post

If you think release versions are beta, I have to wonder whether your role at Microsoft was just a convenience position.
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:57:22
Print Post

I'm perfectly aware of what a beta test is. I'm also perfectly aware that you have made a sweeping statement with no corroboration whatsoever. Windows 10 has as many, and as few, bugs as any other major OS release - all versions of Windows included.
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 19:57:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

So how many operating system developments have you and RoberoS been involved in? Thought so. When you have worked for Microsoft for 10 years having been at stages involved in developing Operating Systems, I might value your opinions. Until then your opinions are just conjecture and worthless.

Edited by rogerfp (Wed 16-Dec-15 20:04:03)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:00:16
Print Post

Seeing as my software development experience ran from 1967 to 2002 in a professional capacity, and in a desultory manner since I retired, I think I do know what a beta version is.

Have you quite finished with the personal insults? They frequently come from people who are losing the argument.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to