Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:05:00
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Remind me again how many years you worked for Microsoft?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:07:07
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

Observation. Win 10 has had far more problems publicised than any version since Win 3.1 - the first that worked properly.

Do you see mass business takeup, or just geek love-frenzies.
The release version is just the best beta version available at the time that a product has to be put out to market.
A very telling statement. A marketing imperative over-riding the technical fitness for release. Exactly the point my "sweeping statement" makes.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:08:58
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

More to the point, do you still work for them? Or should the word be "shill"?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:21:29
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
Don't forget that, before you are presented with this option (which you can still cancel - or you can decline the EULA) you have already clicked on an icon indicating that you wish to upgrade.

Are you sure about that? Remember MS have been downloading Windows 10 setup files to computers where that icon have not been ticked. I would not put it past MS to try and put more pressure on people to update.

i will turn GWX back on for a few days and see what happens.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:23:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
"Beta" version has a specific meaning. It's for live environment testing prior to full release. A full general release is not supposed to be a beta.

The number of problems encountered with Win 10 strongly indicate it was not adequately beta-tested so should not have gone on full release to the public. The released version was still at beta level.

I agree 100%, MS have taken the beta label off windows 10 and chucked it out to the public before it was ready as they did not want to fail the launch date.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:24:35
Print Post

When have businesses ever taken up an a new release of an operating system, unless they have carried out months and months if not years of assessing the impact on their current infrastructure, hardware and software? Many Utility companies, the NHS, the US Army and Navy, the Crown Commercial Service, ATM's, the US Electrical Energy Industry are still predominately using Windows XP.
"Windows 10 has had far more problems publicised than any version since Windows 3.1- the first that worked properly." Windows 3.1 as far more buggy than any O/S since, but then you should know that with all your Microsoft experience wouldn't you. The only reason that there is more publicity is that back in 1992 the Internet was virtually non existent. Now every loser publishes their sob story about how Wndows 10 doesn't work them because they don't understand how to install and configure and troubleshoot it.
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:26:40
Print Post

Stop embarrassing yourself. Ignorance is temporary, stupidity is permanent

Edited by rogerfp (Wed 16-Dec-15 20:28:30)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:30:26
Print Post

I am not embarrassed smile.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:31:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by rogerfp:
Windows 3.1 as far more buggy than any O/S since,
Were you alive?

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 16-Dec-15 20:32:29
Print Post

If you look at this you will understand how ridiculous your opinion on beta software is wink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to