Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 21:40:20
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

"Still resorting to personal insults? Is that all you can really offer?"
Thought I'd drop to your level.
You should address your posts to someone who gives a [email protected]
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Wed 16-Dec-15 21:42:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

All this talk about beta or not is a red herring. An RTM version of software is clearly not a beta, whatever flaws it may contain. All software contains bugs, some more than others. Talk about how quickly enterprise customers are taking it up is equally irrelevant. Anyone with experience of rolling software out in an enterprise can tell you that it takes a lot of testing, and meticulous planning berfore taking such a step. So let's get away from the obviously specious arguments.

What bothers me is a rather sweeping statement about there having been more problems with Windows 10 than with any previous version of Windows. Without at least some evidence I just don't believe it.
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 21:42:31
Print Post

Wow, what a [censored]

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 16-Dec-15 21:53:53
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

I guess you can't explain yourself very well. Presumably you've been drinking?
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 21:59:32
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

Totally agree. The problem is that the only comments about a product that get publicity are the negative ones. You don't often get positive comments, they are just not interesting enough to get published, unless someone is specifically asked. Also gradually since previous O/S's have been released more and more people have got better access to the Internet and feel more comfortable at posting information and problems. However a majority of the issues are usually because users don't understand how to setup, configure and troubleshoot Windows. As many are aware, upgrades often show up inherent issues in the original O/S installation. Usually a clean install resolves 99% of any problems. Many are not technically competent to do this and consequently blame the O/S as being a faulty product.

Edited by rogerfp (Wed 16-Dec-15 22:01:05)

Standard User rogerfp
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:00:13
Print Post

Grow up and stop being so pathetically childish.

Edited by rogerfp (Wed 16-Dec-15 22:02:05)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:01:44
Print Post

I don't think anyone should accuse others on these forums of drinking. It has been wrongly said about me several times, as you will have seen.

However, seeing as he has now sunk to filter evasion against me, and filter-censoring against you, perhaps your question about the Insider programme hits the nail on the head.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:10:51
Print Post

I meant to post earlier this snippet from a link to "perpetual beta" in your earlier wiki link. Perpetual beta seeming go be what rogerpf seems to believe is a valid state.
Perpetual beta has come to be associated with the development and release of a service in which constant updates are the foundation for the habitability or usability of a service. According to publisher and open source advocate Tim O'Reilly:

"Users must be treated as co-developers, in a reflection of open source development practices (even if the software in question is unlikely to be released under an open source license.) The open source dictum, 'release early and release often', in fact has morphed into an even more radical position, 'the perpetual beta', in which the product is developed in the open, with new features slipstreamed in on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis. It's no accident that services such as Gmail, Google Maps, Flickr, del.icio.us, and the like may be expected to bear a 'Beta' logo for years at a time."
Sounds fine for kids games and social media. I wouldn't describe GMail or Google Maps to be such though. The fact they continue to add new facilities is not the same thing.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:12:21
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Isn't swearing in every recent post a little childish? Plus personal attacks in several?

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:28:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, that's what I thought. He seems blissfully unaware that the software needs to install correctly on a variety of different hardware, which would require much more than a leap of faith in a beta. Obviously when you have an Insider build, it's up to you to install it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to