Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:34:14
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Link.

I really must stop taking any notice of the people who found problems. They must all be incompetent idiots.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:35:23
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rogerfp:
For approximately 2 years I was involved in helping to develop an OS. I have never said that I was involved in writing them.
Looks like you're implying there's a difference between these 2 things. What's the difference between developing and writing exactly?
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:35:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You are talking out of your backside as usual.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:38:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Link.

I really must stop taking any notice of the people who found problems. They must all be incompetent idiots.

Right, so a forum where a few hundred (tops?) users have posted complaining about problems, on an OS that has been installed on at least 100 million computers or something?

And Windows 7 (and Windows 8 depending on whether that is also in your "rubbish list") never had any problems with Windows Update every either, right?

You'll find a hell of a lot more problems with Windows 7 than you will with Windows 8 and 10, on the internet too, so I guess that is still in Beta?

AAISP Home::1
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:41:53
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

You really don't know?
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:42:19
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
...All this business about developing OSs is yet another red herring. I doubt that anyone here has done that.
I spent perhaps 10+ years in the 1960s & early 1970s writing mainframe operating systems. And for the next 10 years or so was involved with OS development for specific customers. Even in those situations where we controlled the hardware environment we had all sorts of issues getting a new release made General Release. There were quite a few heated debates about whether a new release was in a fit enough state for GR, a topic that was discussed at a Christmas dinner reunion only last month. Commercial considerations are inevitably a factor and sometimes trump technical judgement..

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:43:59
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Exactly, money men pull the strings and determine release dates, not software developers.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:45:22
Print Post

Whilst you continue to be:-
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Cocky and bad-mouthed to boot.
TinyMongomery is an intelligent person who respects others even when he strongly disagrees with them. In this case he and I disagree - but civilly.

On the whole I post in the same way. You have lost the right to any respect, given the bully-boy, insulting, bad-mouthed and ill-mannered way you behave, so tough.

Opine away.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:49:12
Print Post

Why would I?
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:51:01
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Have you never been involved in a large software project? There's a lot more to it than coders.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to