Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jan-16 18:17:41
Print Post

Re: MS Office versions - 2016 especially

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

You are paying for the right to download software updates or new versions of the software while you continue to pay the subscription. You can carry on using the version you have and gain access to the free updates/fixes after stopping any subscription.

The default is the Cloud one drive, but there is a save to computer tick box in the option/save screen to point back to the physical computer.

I see no difference to this over any of the other software buy models where I want to get upgrades by paying for it.

IanD
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jan-16 19:25:33
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

assuming we are talking about Office 365 that isn't correct https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-office-f...
What happens when my subscription ends? How can I continue to work with my documents?
As the expiration date approaches, you will receive notifications in the Office applications and via email, alerting you to the upcoming expiration. If you choose to let your subscription expire, the Office software applications enter read-only mode, which means that you can view or print documents, but you canít create new documents or edit existing documents.
To return to full Office functionality, you can purchase a new version of Office by visiting www.office365.com or any participating retailer. You could also return to full functionality using an older version of Office, or you can use Office Online for free for basic editing.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Jan-16 09:50:35
Print Post

That's all well and good if you regularly upgrade. For those of us that find a bit of software that works we just want to keep it forever and a day without a regular payment.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-16 09:55:43
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
Mine aren't. And the ubit bar that appear there only appears when using the menu tab.

http://www.camieabz.co.uk/files/menu.png

So it don't replace the ribbon then, it just add another option to it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-16 09:59:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by iand:
You are paying for the right to download software updates or new versions of the software while you continue to pay the subscription. You can carry on using the version you have and gain access to the free updates/fixes after stopping any subscription.

The default is the Cloud one drive, but there is a save to computer tick box in the option/save screen to point back to the physical computer.

I see no difference to this over any of the other software buy models where I want to get upgrades by paying for it.

If you can carry on using the product if you stop paying then that is not so bad, I presume you have to pay for a fixed amount of time to get that option.

Adobe seems to disable the software if you stop paying.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Jan-16 12:49:24
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Just wondering if you got my reply PM on Thursday?

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-16 13:07:54
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
If you can carry on using the product if you stop paying then that is not so bad, I presume you have to pay for a fixed amount of time to get that option.

Oldjim has made the point that Office 365 enters read-only mode if you stop paying.

Oliver.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-16 13:16:54
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
As for obtaining Office 2016 - check eBay.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-16 20:55:06
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

So we can read it:
In reply to a post by wingco1:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/cat/c... crazy

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-Jan-16 01:38:11
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Just got Office 2003 Pro off eBay for £15 for my new Win 10 PC to replace my Office '97 Pro + Outlook Express on XP. It works fine and registered straightaway. All the better for not having ribbons smile.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to