Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-May-16 06:34:20
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 free upgrade will end July 29

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Hopefully it shows people that they do have a choice, in that they can update and then go back to their old Os until they are ready if they ever are to update to 10

Not the best article I know.

I updated to 10 and then reinstalled 8.1. My version of windows is a retail version, so ten is linked to it and not the computer.

I am thinking of getting a laptop,, but not sure yet, but I want to get it in the next month as I want windows 8.1 on it and it is getting hard to get now, i also want to get a AMD based one.
If I get a windows 8 one I can update it to 10 and then roll back other wise I will be have to buy a windows 8 disk, if it is possible to get one now.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-May-16 10:24:33
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I tend to agree, Oliver. However, if we are right, in a list of instructions as to what to do it isn't just irrelevant. It is positively misleading.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59546/15321kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-May-16 10:29:16
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

You need to try a SATS grammar test for 11-year-olds, and get some tuition on English comprehension. Plus the relevance of context to the meaning of many sentences.

In short, don't be so (expletive deleted) rude. You have completely failed to understand what is wrong.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-May-16 10:34:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
You probably want to consider the meaning of the word "if".
First, I don't "want" to do any such thing.

Second, what is the "probably" there for?

Third, if you meant "need", then it is you who needs to brush up on both grammar and vocabulary.

Once you've done that you may be able to make useful comments.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-May-16 10:39:49
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Adrian, you've said a few times that yours is a retail copy. By that, do you mean it is the standard free update that we are all offered, or something else that is also free? I do remember seeing a method months ago on how to obtain or create an ISO disc, but thought that was to do with doing a clean install rather than an in situ upgrade.

Is that what you mean by a retail copy please?

Standard User TinyMongomery
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-May-16 10:52:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It would probably be better to keep snide, personal comments to the Park forum rather than letting them intrude here.

Most of us are trying to help the OP; you seem intent on trying to trip people up. Enough already.
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-May-16 11:08:05
Print Post

As the OP I don't see where I was seeking any help.

In case you have signatures turned off, I'm already on Windows 10 on both desktop and laptop, and am very happy with it. As are all the people I know who have self-upgraded or who I have helped to upgrade.

I was merely highlighting an announcement that confirmed, albeit in Microsoft-speak, the cut-off for the free upgrade. The fact people may then revert to their previous OS doesn't negate that cut-off date, they've still taken advantage of the free upgrade.

And, to be honest, Microsoft-speak is nothing particularly unusual or special, it's very similar to the outpouring of the marketing or PR units within many companies.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-May-16 11:20:45
Print Post

It would probably be better to keep snide, personal comments to the Park forum rather than letting them intrude here.

Most of us are trying to help the OP; you seem intent on trying to trip people up. Enough already.
You seem to be having a bad day? I hope things improve for you. And, as a result, for the rest of us.

Standard User TinyMongomery
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-May-16 11:44:27
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Forgive me if I should have said "help other people" rather than "help the OP".

Clearly help is not sought by anyone, so I'll leave the Windows forum alone in future.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-May-16 12:29:13
Print Post

Like this?
Most of us are trying to help ...; you seem intent on trying to trip people up.
Your speciality throughout the forum, IMHO.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to