Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 13:51:54
Print Post

Re: missing info on my email

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

No, you've understood me perfectly smile

However I'm using OL 2003. In Status Bar, left hand end, there's a count of read but not unread emails of the current highlighted folder. Right click on the Status Bar does nowt. The only count of unread emails is in brackets against the individual folders in the LH folder list. There is nowt to tell you how many emails were read in the last Send/Receive pass (which, using filters, can end up in various folders), unlike WLM & OE.

Furthermore, there is nowt to tell you how many emails were NOT read in the last Send/Receive pass cuz they were deleted from server by filters, again unlike WLM & OE (by the process of subtraction).

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 14:08:15
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Ah, didn't realise it was O2003.

One thing that would be useful is a count of read/total messages against each folder, e.g. Inbox (27/5) I think I've seen that in some webmail implementations.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 10-May-16 20:39:44
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Hi, what you said: view > status bar has done the trick. Many thanks for everyone who responded.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to