Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Dec-16 22:56:40
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 internet access issues?

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I don't have InstantGo on my desktop as far as I know. powercfg /a does not show the Standby (Connected) option. All it shows is:
The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S3)
whereas my lappy shows all of:
The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S3)
Hibernate
Hybrid Sleep
Fast Startup
My desktop has no hiberfil.sys file.

I conclude that my desktop was built w/out Hibernate & therefore w/out Fast Startup.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Dec-16 04:30:07
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

OK, can get my Win 10 Home desktop to same sleep states as my Win 10 Home lappy by issuing powercfg /h on under an admin command shell. Have since reversed it to put it back to as built.

Can we conclude that there were so few reports of this internet access issue cuz it occurs only after your PC wakes up from hibernation & it has "fast start" enabled? This would exclude many desktops if they were originally built as mine.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Dec-16 07:49:22
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Possibly. The comment from MS about doing a Restart to get overt the problem suggests that might be true. As I understand it a Restart does a full reload including reloading the Kernel, and I'd guess, reacquires the various network parameters.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IanBB
(committed) Sun 18-Dec-16 13:07:45
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

No.
Standard User philippercival
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Dec-16 10:55:02
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Well this forum has done it again, thank you.

I had no issues with internet access but I had noticed that my Win 10 was taking longer and longer to start up. After finding out how to switch on fast start, (there was an advanced options link on the screen not mentioned above, that needed clicking) it seems to be starting up much faster.

I never cease to be amazed at how clever people are at finding all these obscure (to me at any rate) options

Now I must trail though all the start up programs again, to find out who rel culprits are and whether or not I really need them.

Standard User Ryan_Stevens
(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 11:54:48
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

I'm also facing the same issues about the internet.Anyone know how can I fix this issue?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to