Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Mon 22-Jun-20 17:06:29
Print Post

Edge browser duplicated

[link to this post]

I have just noticed that my laptop have two Edge Browser ( not the new updated one). I have no idea how it came about. .When I click on windows icon I can see two Edge browsers listed. How can I remove one of them?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Jun-20 17:23:15
Print Post

Re: Edge browser duplicated

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Right click and Unpin.

Oliver.
Standard User samulam
(committed) Mon 22-Jun-20 18:54:35
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Hi, I want it shown on the task bar ( only one is shown on the taskbar). However I want to remove one of them if possible, as I have no idea why there are two.If I want to have only one listed, I would tick " Don't show in this list"., when you right click on one of them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 23-Jun-20 10:32:52
Print Post

If you mean two icons on the "Home Page", right click and delete.

I'm not sure what list you mean.

Edit: Ah, do you mean clicking the icon in the taskbar shows you two thumbnail Windows? If so, click on either then close it normally from the x at the top right.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 23-Jun-20 10:38:04)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 23-Jun-20 14:41:26
Print Post

There's been a Win10 update, and it added Edge icons to the desktop AND the taskbar, and for us it also triggered a default browser check window. I removed both, and told the window to pick a window. wink
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 23-Jun-20 16:08:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi, when I click on windows start button on desktop I get a list of apps used list. However I get Microsoft Edge twice and if I right click on either, I get the same info. I am reluctant to delete either in case , both are deleted..
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 23-Jun-20 17:01:19
Print Post

Do they both have the same graphic on the icon? One is a curling wave looking like a fancy C, I forget the other.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 23-Jun-20 20:08:17
Print Post

Hi, yes they have the same graphic, the same settings, version.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 23-Jun-20 20:56:12
Print Post

It should be safe to delete one. They will probably both be pure shortcuts.

If you right click on them, up at the top I expect it to say "More". Clicking that should give you a menu of "Unpin"; "Run as Administrator"; "Open file location".

Click "Open file location" and it should give a list another list of apps/programs. In that list you may see the same two. (They are the shortcuts in a different layout).

Right click on either and then on Properties. That will show you the target program. If both are the same, right click and delete one of them. That's safe because you will have proved one is not needed.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 23-Jun-20 20:56:43)

Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 24-Jun-20 10:53:11
Print Post

Hi, many thanks for your help, I have decided to leave alone. It is not giving me problems at the moment. I was curious about having two identical icons.
I have updated to new Edge browser on my Desktop. I wish I had not done so. I shall have to get used to it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to