User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 27-Sep-10 17:14:59
Print Post

Re: Any experience of Kijoma?

[re: jjrobb] [link to this post]

Hi Bill,

I have tried to contact you via your support enquiry form and various emails to [email protected] I have a client in Bucks Green which your service would be ideal for, I would love to have a quick chat to see how I can get the service setup for them. I appreciate you are swamped at the moment but Please contact Nick Day, my telephone and email are on various mails to [email protected]

Thanks
Nick
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 12-Jan-11 17:21:26
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have been considering Kijoma, but having read this thread I am having second thoughts. Whilst wanting to provide the best service is highly commendable in this day and age, I am struggling to see the business logic in their proposition. What small business, with limited manpower and a seemingly very attractive proposition, prices their product at the same level as highly resourced ISP's and is then surprised when they cannot handle the enquiries. It is a brave man who can be so relaxed about turning customers away. A relatively cheap fix - Have you considered outsourcing your new customer enquiries so at least people are aware of their status in YOUR priority list?

JS.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 16-Apr-11 15:37:20
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kijoma:
Hi Anonymous,

And here lies the eternal problem of all business..

If you have a great product at a great price, everybody wants it and complains because the overwhelming demand for it prevents everybody getting it when they request it.

If that company then employs more staff to deal with the demand the additional cost means the quality of the product falls as all the money is spent on getting as many customers as possible without any of it being spent on increasing the capacity of the network that feeds them. (the standard stack em high, sell em cheap oversubscribe model)

Performance drops, customers complain , the company then spends money it hasn't got on upgrading infrastructure far to late in the day , increases its prices to pay for it.. , demand drops off, customers complain about the higher cost and possibly leave..

So whichever way you look at it, people will complain..

I would rather Kijoma had a "technically very good service" that gets complaints from people who want to be customers than one that puts existing customers and the service they receive second in favour of new customer money.

We are spending a lot of time and money behind the scenes upgrading our infrastructure in order that capacity can keep up with demand so we can offer faster and better services.

If that is the Basil Fawlty way then i must of missed that season of the series smile

i think your missing the point.
you advertise the product on your website with no hint that your at capacity

ARE YOU TAKING MORE CUSTOMERS OR NOT?

there is only one way to contact you to find infomation about the product, we fill in the online form and wait months, then fill in the form again and wait months. a year passes, we go again to the website and fill in the form again and stil nothing!

at the very least you could email back 'thankyou for the enquiry we are currently not taking any more members yadyar.'

personally i think your aproach to new business enquiries suck balls.

you need to rethink it. or your end up with a worse reputation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kijoma
(member) Mon 18-Apr-11 10:30:57
Print Post

hi,

thank you for your message on the forums. as you post as anonymous, can i ask if this is Mr Chenery? , if so then you did indeed enquire last March and it seems the enquiry got mislaid, this we apologise for. You then filled in the "contact us form" on Saturday the 16th of April, Today is the following Monday , the first day we can respond. The email address you used on our contact form is invalid hence replying here as you did say you would be posting here.

Kijoma is not in any way at capacity as far as level of customers our system can support, we could be said to be at capacity with respect to installation of our service hence there is a lead time and that regrettably some enquiries get missed in the flood.

As i mooted in the earlier post, reputation is dependent on having customers who get the service they sign up to and pay for. We are not going to "stack em high" and adopt a policy of putting quantity ahead of quality, new customers before existing etc..

If your frustration is the poor quality service provided by other broadband services in your area then although i can sympathise , ultimately it is no reason to become abusive to us after 2 enquiries spaced apart by a year.

If you are the enquirer from Saturday then we will get back to you direct as soon as we can fit in a survey visit.

Thank you

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
i think your missing the point.
you advertise the product on your website with no hint that your at capacity

ARE YOU TAKING MORE CUSTOMERS OR NOT?

there is only one way to contact you to find infomation about the product, we fill in the online form and wait months, then fill in the form again and wait months. a year passes, we go again to the website and fill in the form again and stil nothing!

at the very least you could email back 'thankyou for the enquiry we are currently not taking any more members yadyar.'

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband - (Division of Kijoma Solutions Ltd)
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Apr-11 11:56:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:

I'd say you need to remember that a relationship between a supplier and consumer (or business) is two way.

You don't have to use them, just as they don't have any obligation to supply you and with an attitude like that, could you really see any company falling over themselves to help you?

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User smurf46
(regular) Mon 18-Apr-11 14:22:53
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I can see both sides of the fence on this one. I can still remember that my first e-mail provider supplied all their customers with a "guide to net-etiquette" and one of the first rules was always reply to an e-mail (unless it's spam or inflammatory) and treat it like old-fashioned correspondence. I'm pleased that all businesses I've dealt with on-line have done so. It's common courtesy: how can you expect others to treat you with courtesy if you don't do so? We all if we don't get a response tend to assume the worst, that we're being snubbed. Of course that's wrong, it's because the other person is busy; but it seems to me that "the customer is always right" (even when they're wrong) isn't a bad business principle. The forums are full of praise from people who think they've been treated well (even when they don't/can't get what they want) it makes friends, ignoring people makes enemies.

The other problem it seems to me is that broadband as a product is over-sold by all providers (perhaps an inevitable by-product of competition) - OK when everything is perfect but it usually isn't, and the result is that perhaps those customers without the "perfect" profile for any provider will tend to get left by the wayside.
Standard User ukhardy07
(member) Mon 18-Apr-11 15:27:08
Print Post

I have to say 'the customer is always right' and it's so true...

I have to agree and although it's not been worded paticulary nicely, it tells the truth. The way the business is run causes frustration. I can only imagine how angry I would be if Sky took this long to change my package / install my TV / Broadband.

It's just not satisfactory to keep customers holding for months on end for a response. Not responding to potential customers is a massive issue and is a problem with their business model.

I would not touch a company that thinks this is fine.
Standard User jenniferdesuza
(newbie) Tue 26-Apr-11 13:07:18
Print Post

[re: berek99] [link to this post]

My connection has been tweaked and my connection speeds are even better: www.speedtest.net results to Maidenhead server. Amazing when the alternative would have been at best a flaky 512k connection down a BT line...

You can find amazing link at : usenet and astraweb
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Apr-11 19:57:27
Print Post

[re: jenniferdesuza] [link to this post]

A link to speedtest.net doesn't show anyone else your results. You need to provide a direct link to your speedtest test result.

Click on "My Results" then click on "image" (below share) for the result you want to share, copy and paste the "Share Link" into this forum.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User thosking
(newbie) Mon 09-Jul-12 16:47:51
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Hi,

I feel the frustration of many here. It does seem very odd that a company ignores those prospective customers that are genuinely interested in spending money with them. That's the kind of treatment I expect from a nonchalant minimum wage hormonal teenager working in my local branch of Currys. I now avoid those stores like the plague.

I understand the need to prioritise comms to/from existing customers, but surely a company's growth is about growing as well as retaining a customer base? A bizarre strategy appears to be in place

My situation is that good old BT decided that our cabinet isn't going to be fibre enabled, even though all the others in my village are. No doubt their criteria for it being economically enviable is because they are on a nod and a wink from West Sussex council to get their BDUK money so are reigning back on the boxes with fewer lines connected to them (our box has 62, and this is the reason Iain Livingstone gave me for why we're being left out)

So.. I would like an alternative to a 4Mps connection... And I'd love that to be Kijoma... but without any kind of response from my mail I'm wondering if this is any more likely than whatever BDUK brings my way.

My area of the Kijoma service area is yellow but without any kind of time frame or likelihood of me getting the service I may as well be looking at Virgin Media's website, EE's 4G plans or TEF/VF's JV 4G plans.

PLEASE Mr Kijoma... give us SOME feedback, even if it's "we'll be able to provide our roll out plans in Qx of 201x"
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to