User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Jul-12 12:37:10
Print Post

Re: Any experience of Kijoma?

[re: thosking] [link to this post]

I too have been trying (and failing) to get hold of Bill @ Kijoma for almost a year. Of late, no calls or emails are ever even acknowledged, let alone returned.

I run a small IT services company in Sussex and would LOVE to be able to help out some of my customers in rural areas and get them a decent broadband connection via Kijoma.

I have one customer who already uses the service (in Plaistow) and the quality of connection is perfect, with no outages that I can recall.

I was chatting to a customer near Buck Barn services on the A24 a couple of days ago and he has had a similar experience - apparently Bill even came out to do a full on site-survey of a nearby business park, with a view to providing all the properties there with reliable wireless broadband. But no installation ever came of it (maybe this was because it wasn't a suitable area, but I saw open fields around so pretty easy for a line-of-site antenna setup I would think).

Appreciate it is totally down to the business owner at the end of the day if he wants to take on new customers or not, but it is massively frustrating as a potential customer when your attempts to make contact are just ignored!

Bill, I have engineers who would be very happy to help out on a sub-contractual basis so you can control your spend on man-power without having to commit to full-time staff. You are onto a good thing here - maybe we can help you push this out to a wider market?

Just give me a shout.

Julian - Woodstock IT
www.woodstockit.co.uk
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Aug-12 20:47:11
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You may have better luck contacting Bill through the Ubiquiti forums as he's been actively replying to threads on there as recently as yesterday. Don't hold you breath though.

Username: kijoma - http://forum.ubnt.com/member.php?u=4395

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Thu 23-Aug-12 13:15:03
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

hi,

This is the same I.T. company and person who i spoke to on the phone some hours before his post and have responded to via email many times?

A wholly unprofessional and incorrect rant. I hope your clients are aware of what you discuss publicly?

I am not going to detail the circumstances behind why your clients have had delays , suffice as to say they were instigated by the client, not us.

Also if we survey and find a location cannot have our service, this means just that. Regardless of how much mark up you may stand to make out of "recommending" us, ultimately if it will not work, it will not work.

This is why we avoid working through middle men, they lie to potential customers for their own ends.

As for the ranter in an area we do not cover with his 4 Mbps, you are the only person in that area of (60 odd?) affected properties who has bothered to enquire. Hardly a business model for any ISP to pursue adding infrastructure for.

Meanwhile we have recently installed a new super fast network in Staffordshire , All customers connected so far meet or exceed the 40 Mbps download they pay from £13.99 a month for and there are new connections being installed daily.

This is what we do when there is sufficient demand and when the County Council in the area acknowledges we exist and are open to our solution, i.e. not actively trying to suppress it. (Even if the Parish council are not so open minded).

West Sussex County Council have their strategy and refuse to budge from it.. go hassle them for the BDUK money for your area perhaps?

P.S. do not hound me personally on other forums and if you want any chance of a service from Kijoma then it is ill advised to pursue unfounded attacks on our business just beause you do not have the service.

That is the foot stamping/door slamming behaviour I would expect to see from a spoilt teenager who doesn't get their own way.

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I too have been trying (and failing) to get hold of Bill @ Kijoma for almost a year. Of late, no calls or emails are ever even acknowledged, let alone returned.

I run a small IT services company in Sussex and would LOVE to be able to help out some of my customers in rural areas and get them a decent broadband connection via Kijoma.

I have one customer who already uses the service (in Plaistow) and the quality of connection is perfect, with no outages that I can recall.

I was chatting to a customer near Buck Barn services on the A24 a couple of days ago and he has had a similar experience - apparently Bill even came out to do a full on site-survey of a nearby business park, with a view to providing all the properties there with reliable wireless broadband. But no installation ever came of it (maybe this was because it wasn't a suitable area, but I saw open fields around so pretty easy for a line-of-site antenna setup I would think).

Appreciate it is totally down to the business owner at the end of the day if he wants to take on new customers or not, but it is massively frustrating as a potential customer when your attempts to make contact are just ignored!

Bill, I have engineers who would be very happy to help out on a sub-contractual basis so you can control your spend on man-power without having to commit to full-time staff. You are onto a good thing here - maybe we can help you push this out to a wider market?

Just give me a shout.

Julian - Woodstock IT
www.woodstockit.co.uk

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1975254274.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User partial
(regular) Thu 23-Aug-12 21:56:14
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Trouble is, Bill. This thread goes back years and your potential punters are all telling the same story year after year.

Indeed I have heard similar and worse first hand from punters in your area.

It's always the fault of the punter, the fault of the council. the fault of BT.

You need to up your game cos your service is viewed as second best by the punters and when the BDUK cash is out there and you are not at the party, you may find the game changes quickly.

Second best, poor customer service, ignored emails, berating potential punters and partners on t'internet and no longer a captive market who are forced to put up with lacklustreness.

You are some way off being first choice and second choice is going to come under extreme pressure as we move forward and you face real BDUK competition from BT, Sky and TalkTalk.

Best of luck out there.

Edited by partial (Thu 23-Aug-12 22:10:40)

Standard User kijoma
(committed) Fri 24-Aug-12 12:53:43
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

hi

If this thread is pretty much the sum total of complaints about Kijoma and all of them are from people who want to be customers but for various reasons cannot be, then I do not consider there to be a serious issue.

There will always be people unhappy about not receiving something they have found is better than what they have. That is surely how the TB forums started after all?

Go and count the amount of posts in other forums of people complaining about their wholesale fed service , there is a good chance it will exceed this multi-year thread in post count many times over..

We need to "up our game" ? , what does this involve? , how about Nextgenus style marketing, spend all the money on razzle and dazzle. After all this gains customers does it not? , service quality can come last.. Or do you mean provide incentives to local authorities?, monetary, wine and dine or otherwise?

If our service is viewed as second best then why do people bother coming on here whining about not having it? Where are all the customers complaining about the service they receive? , I mean ,it has been there for 8 years...

The BDUK cash?, or to put it more accurately, the revenue from taxpayers, aka all those who pay taxes including the "TV licence" tax ? Yes this will be spent and as the framework effectively excludes commercial providers like Kijoma it will be spent on the obvious national incumbent.

"BT , Sky and Talk talk" .. so you are referring to market 2 / 3 exchanges that have unbundled services from the two LLU operators? Or are you referring to the single infrastructure provided FTTC network the former will be paid to roll out so the latter two and many others can "resell" over it.. ?

2/3rds of the exchanges in the country are market 1 exchanges (BT sole provider) , the customers are fed from EO lines on the many of these so no FTTC for them. The cost of FTTC in market 1 areas with sparse widely spread population will remain prohibitive regardless of the BDUK spend.

Ah but.. They can put in some mini ADSL dslams.. meet the 2 Mbps objective and tick the box, job done? Right?

I find the customer service point interesting, we have always put existing customers first, again perhaps you could enlighten me as to your source of knowledge on our "poor customer service" ?. One of your colleagues? made a similar claim some time back on this forum but never backed it up.

I like the way you refer to BDUK and competition in the same sentence, an oxymoron if ever.. How can a framework with effectively 1 provider left on it, funded by 100's of Millions of public money be called competition to a self funded commercial company such as Kijoma ?

The term "Steam Roller" comes to mind, including the antiquity the term brings with it..

Can you not fathom why Kijoma are not looking to add infrastructure where there is a large ROI with that "competition" looming over us? Quite laughable.. Especially if the Local Authorities specifically exclude the service provided by a company that has operated in their county for 12 years+ ,in order to circumvent state aid rules.

As for captive market, we provide service to many who can and once did receive ADSL services, we add a layer of choice, genuine choice. not another parasite on an outdated wholesale system.

This is done commercially and profitably without any drain on public resource or funds. If you work for Openreach then well done on having the tax payer pay your salary, makes you proud huh?

Why do the likes of Openreach need these Millions? Are they not profitable?, is the technology offered unable to sustain itself commercially?. Either way this is a commercial problem for them, not a reason for state bail outs..

I can assure you we have no need to be the first choice, but we are a choice, one that some people have and many have not. Those that genuinely want service and are willing to wait for it without resorting to abusive behaviour eventually receive it if we cover them or we gain sufficient demand in their area to warrant expanding to cover them.

As for this Quote :-

Second best, poor customer service, ignored emails, berating potential punters and partners on t'internet and no longer a captive market who are forced to put up with lacklustreness.

I would like to think you were referring to the incumbent national monopoly as the description covers it perfectly.

The nation would benefit from removing the captive stranglehold , this is very true.

If genuine commercial providers like Kijoma and community driven projects such as B4RN were not ruthlessly discriminated against by an all powerful spoiled child then the nation could finally benefit from some genuine diversity and genuine competition with the many technologies and providers now available to provide it.

What happened to the BDUK framework? Oh yes BT priced out all the competitors with access to ducts/poles.. many of which were provided by the former state run GPO.. This child isn't going to let others play with their toys, oh no..

As long as Mr Hunt and all continue to pander to the child's every demand and tantrum then the situation will not change, especially for those most in need of a decent Broadband solution. aka what they may refer to as the non profitables.

Does it not concern people that somebody who seems very closely linked with Openreach (yes i have read your posting profile), seems to delight in the thought of removing an independent provider and the genuine choice provided from it?

Best of luck to you on that quest..

In reply to a post by partial:
Trouble is, Bill. This thread goes back years and your potential punters are all telling the same story year after year.

Indeed I have heard similar and worse first hand from punters in your area.

It's always the fault of the punter, the fault of the council. the fault of BT.

You need to up your game cos your service is viewed as second best by the punters and when the BDUK cash is out there and you are not at the party, you may find the game changes quickly.

You are some way off being first choice and second choice is going to come under extreme pressure as we move forward and you face real BDUK competition from BT, Sky and TalkTalk.

Best of luck out there.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1975254274.png
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 30-Aug-12 03:34:47
Print Post

Bill,

I completely agree with your sentiments regarding State Aid and the shambles that is broadband in this country.

And, the resentment that must be felt by all altnets, many of whom are heroes doing a fantastic job providing a great service.

But, please, do go and pick up a copy of "Guerilla Social Media Marketing" and thumb through it. Seriously.

Not patronising. Not aggressive. If anything "on your side". Just earnest advice.

Mark
Standard User partial
(regular) Thu 30-Aug-12 21:30:26
Print Post

Thanks for the essay, Bill.

It's always someone else's fault why you don't answer emails from potential customers and partners and I am honoured that you have devoted so much wordage adding me to the list of those who are to blame.

BT, various councils, potential punters and potential partners and now me.

I'm sure this will be of some use as we move forward and BDUK offers BT, Sky and TalkTalk to the options available to your long suffering potential punters in Sussex notspots. crazy

Best of luck.

Edited by partial (Thu 30-Aug-12 21:31:10)

Standard User boriscrispin
(newbie) Mon 03-Sep-12 11:30:04
Print Post

My experience of Kijoma is so far similar, but I do not want to throw my hat into the ring for any kind of flaming.

I have signed up to TB in order to attempt to contact Bill in order to get his service, after a month of attempting through the email (in variously desperate tones - probably very annoyingly) form on the Kijoma site. I hate to try and get attention and to use this forum in this way, but I want to try all avenues of communication before i have to begrudgingly sign up to a 'long term' 2mb BT/etc service.

The reason for my slight exasperation is that Kijoma seems to be a uniquely ideal service as our cottage is in a village very close to Petworth - the Kijoma HQ!

So if anyone can get in touch, I'd be over the moon, I appreciate there is a known demand for Kijoma but I was hoping something would come through within a month

boriscrispin at gmail dot com
Standard User partial
(regular) Mon 03-Sep-12 21:39:37
Print Post

[re: boriscrispin] [link to this post]

Sadly Kijoma are working a monopoly in West Sussex Not Spots and can pick and choose who they deem worthy of answering emails to.

This will change as BDUK money becomes available. I'm afraid this is a waiting game until the council decide who they are going to subsidise.

Kijoma's lackluste efforts have no chance of getting any BDUK money and sooner or later they will face real competition and choice.

Of course this will have nothing to do with poor customer service and unanswered emails, it will be down to BT, various councils and me. It's so unfair. And in my view a great shame wink

Take a look at what Call Flow are quietly getting on with in East Sussex. Winning not spot funding from the council and sub loop unbunding in niche slow spot areas. It could have all been so different for kijoma but I think it is too late for them medium to long term.

Edited by partial (Mon 03-Sep-12 21:52:57)

Standard User boriscrispin
(newbie) Fri 07-Sep-12 11:41:21
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Well, that may be your opinion but it seems to be unnecessarily aggressive to me.

Naturally I dearly wish to use Kijoma's service, and I have no reason at all to believe they would pass my request over.

They simply must be (as they clearly state) overrun with requests, I imagine because of the unique and in-demand service they offer
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to