User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Thu 12-Nov-09 13:19:16
Print Post

Re: Kijoma - installation schedule

[re: Arcticpollen] [link to this post]

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've had a similar problem - I submitted an enquiry several months ago, to which I never received a response.

I've just submitted another, I do wonder whether I'll get a response this time :/

There is patience and there is being ignored, several months without a response is being ignored.

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net>
Standard User Arcticpollen
(newbie) Thu 12-Nov-09 15:08:18
Print Post

[re: mikehiow] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mikehiow:
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've had a similar problem - I submitted an enquiry several months ago, to which I never received a response.

I've just submitted another, I do wonder whether I'll get a response this time :/

Probably best not to hold your breath...
Standard User kijoma
(member) Fri 13-Nov-09 18:50:05
Print Post

Hi,

I am guessing your enquiry is the one i replied to last night.

If you checked our website back in June when you originally enquired you would of seen clearly we did not cover your area. This would of been why your enquiry was a low priority and unfortunately, like many in the same situation, did not get a reply.

Sometimes we have to make the decision not to reply to all the people who clearly are outside our area in favour of those who have checked the maps and find they are within it. Especially when we get flooded by them..

What we do though is to add the post codes to a list for each area and when there are sufficient we will look at addressing the demand there.. This is why we now have launched a new service that covers The north of the IoW , portsmouth, the manhood peninsula and across towards Beaulieu .

This is a next generation network offering "fibre like" speeds and has been commissioned in response to the high volume of enquiries for such a product there over the years.

The other poster who is regularly moaning here, we have a few enquiries from your area.. it is no use telling us "there are loads of people here who need it" , if they do not contact us then we do not know so the priority is not there for us.

Thank you

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband - (Division of Kijoma Solutions Ltd)
High Speed Wireless broadband ISP
The UK's top rated Wireless ISP 2005 - 2008 - ISP Review
Top 5 finalist in best UK wireless ISP - ISPA's 2008
Members of the Internet Service Providers association (www.ISPA.org.uk)
http://www.kijoma.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Sat 14-Nov-09 01:01:59
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Yes, I'm grateful for the swift response, and look forward to the next response, with great anticipation. I'm keen to give the service a go, and if successful, I have a long list of customers in the local area who I'd be recommending.

For the record though, My area has been listed as covered on Sam Knows for a long time now, at least as long as I've lived here (A year and a half, perhaps?)

Edited by mikehiow (Sat 14-Nov-09 01:04:59)

Standard User kijoma
(member) Mon 16-Nov-09 09:54:56
Print Post

Hi,

Thanks for this, Samknows uses post codes and its not easy to get a system intended for "exchange" coverage to get it right for wireless all the time.. The North IoW was in an area of "available by demand" before so would of shown up by post code on samknows.

Its a stark contrast to this site though who now show fixed line/mobile providers but so far no long established FWA providers.

We are colating the responses for the trial and also talking to aerial installers on the island so it will be a while before we can connect you. not too long.. but a while smile

Cheers

Bill Lewis - MD
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Mon 16-Nov-09 10:53:15
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Bill,

What technology does your service use?

Is it possible to arrange the aerial install myself, to speed things up a little?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Dec-09 11:13:53
Print Post

Re: Any experience of Kijoma?

[re: berek99] [link to this post]

The speeds are good but as they are a very small company, there are outages from time to time and they can be slow in responding to requests for information / service. That said, the service is probably better than some of the big boys...
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Jun-10 13:27:06
Print Post

I know that this thread is old, but I think the comments about customer service are still apparent a year after the last post.

I am sure that Kijoma provide a technically very good service, but their response to enquiries from potential customers would indicate that they did their Customer Service course at Basil Fawlty's establishment, rather than a Charm school!.
Standard User kijoma
(member) Tue 15-Jun-10 12:18:50
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi Anonymous,

And here lies the eternal problem of all business..

If you have a great product at a great price, everybody wants it and complains because the overwhelming demand for it prevents everybody getting it when they request it.

If that company then employs more staff to deal with the demand the additional cost means the quality of the product falls as all the money is spent on getting as many customers as possible without any of it being spent on increasing the capacity of the network that feeds them. (the standard stack em high, sell em cheap oversubscribe model)

Performance drops, customers complain , the company then spends money it hasn't got on upgrading infrastructure far to late in the day , increases its prices to pay for it.. , demand drops off, customers complain about the higher cost and possibly leave..

So whichever way you look at it, people will complain..

I would rather Kijoma had a "technically very good service" that gets complaints from people who want to be customers than one that puts existing customers and the service they receive second in favour of new customer money.

We are spending a lot of time and money behind the scenes upgrading our infrastructure in order that capacity can keep up with demand so we can offer faster and better services.

If that is the Basil Fawlty way then i must of missed that season of the series smile

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I know that this thread is old, but I think the comments about customer service are still apparent a year after the last post.

I am sure that Kijoma provide a technically very good service, but their response to enquiries from potential customers would indicate that they did their Customer Service course at Basil Fawlty's establishment, rather than a Charm school!.

Bill Lewis - MD
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 01-Sep-10 19:53:18
Print Post

I have been a Kijoma Customer for over a year. They are brilliant. Without them our village wouldn't have broadband because BT have no intention of up grading the equipment in our area that would give us broadband.
Please don't give up on them. Is there not a phone number to call them??? If there is then call them. Cat Lomas
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to