User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Wed 10-Sep-14 12:59:16
Print Post

Re: Any experience of Kijoma?

[re: spinalman] [link to this post]

Sadly Kijoma isn't a company with a good reputation on this forum, and for good reason. I am inside their catchment area and never got a reply!

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Sep-14 17:29:25
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Hi Bill

Please re-read what I said as there is nothing wrong with what I have said. I have nothing against you and your business. You run for your existing customers, which you confirm in your reply and that is fine, it clearly works for you and your existing customers.

Kind Regards,
Tim

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro:- Speed Test | TBB Ping
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User partial
(committed) Wed 10-Sep-14 21:26:46
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

I think it is possible that we have reached a new low here. frown

Edited by partial (Wed 10-Sep-14 21:27:15)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User amelogen
(newbie) Wed 31-Dec-14 15:04:08
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

I wish I had some experience of Kijoma but unfortunately I have requested on a monthly basis since April 2013 to have a site survey prior to installation. I was told that a survey was necessary despite my neighbour having Kijoma broadband. If Kijoma does not wish to have any new customers or provide a service to me then I wish they would make that clear. I would be prepared to pay their top business rate plus an installation fee to achieve a great Internet connection as my current speed is dial-up 512k and I see no signs of Surrey superfast anytime soon.
Is Kijoma real or imaginary? Do let me know.
Regards
Richard
Standard User brandscill
(committed) Tue 20-Jan-15 20:54:26
Print Post

[re: amelogen] [link to this post]

The best part about Kijoma is when West Sussex tell you they can't put FTTP in your area because Kijoma operate there and it breaks EU rules.

Post Office ADSL 4mbps
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Fri 23-Jan-15 13:01:44
Print Post

Hi,

Kijoma is as real as BT or any other ISP . We cannot guarantee that we can provide our service to everybody .

Unlike the those dependent on Openreach our infrastructure is not being paid for out of tax payers Billions so we have to manage costs as it is our existing customers that are ultimately paying for it.

This means we prioritise work for existing customers including maintenance, system upgrades etc..

New installations come next within areas we cover. These are then sub divided based on demand per area . there is no rational in travelling across 5 counties to install a single property here, there etc..

This means we look at the cost to install a property and the amount of properties within the same area who have also asked for service. the more there are, the higher up the list they go.

I appreciate everybody would like to be number one on the list , but this is impossible, even for our funded competitors with much larger teams of people behind them.

If you contact Surrey "superfast" and ask them what their plans are for your area , then forward them to us as our current knowledge is they , like most authorities, have their eggs firmly in the BDUK basket to the exclusion of all others.

This will help us assess risk if we need to invest in your area to provide a more widespread service.

I cannot find your monthly requests on our system so perhaps submit another clearly identifying this please.

hope that information helps.

In reply to a post by amelogen:
I wish I had some experience of Kijoma but unfortunately I have requested on a monthly basis since April 2013 to have a site survey prior to installation. I was told that a survey was necessary despite my neighbour having Kijoma broadband. If Kijoma does not wish to have any new customers or provide a service to me then I wish they would make that clear. I would be prepared to pay their top business rate plus an installation fee to achieve a great Internet connection as my current speed is dial-up 512k and I see no signs of Surrey superfast anytime soon.
Regards
Richard

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1975254274.png
Standard User amelogen
(newbie) Fri 23-Jan-15 23:31:57
Print Post

Thank you for replying and confirming that Kijoma exists. It does appear though that new business is not a priority as despite my conversations with your office who confirmed I am on a waiting list each time I have called, no record exists of that request or indeed those conversations.

I will do as you suggest and submit a further request.

Can you let me know how many new subscribers Kijoma has installed in the last month, quarter and year?

As I mentioned my neighbour has Kijoma and therefore I would proffer that in order to provide a service to my home further infrastructure costs are irrelevant when I can see Blackdown from my window or am I missing the point.

Kijoma will remain a figment for the time being.

In reply to a post by kijoma:
Hi,

Kijoma is as real as BT or any other ISP . We cannot guarantee that we can provide our service to everybody .

Unlike the those dependent on Openreach our infrastructure is not being paid for out of tax payers Billions so we have to manage costs as it is our existing customers that are ultimately paying for it.

This means we prioritise work for existing customers including maintenance, system upgrades etc..

New installations come next within areas we cover. These are then sub divided based on demand per area . there is no rational in travelling across 5 counties to install a single property here, there etc..

This means we look at the cost to install a property and the amount of properties within the same area who have also asked for service. the more there are, the higher up the list they go.

I appreciate everybody would like to be number one on the list , but this is impossible, even for our funded competitors with much larger teams of people behind them.

If you contact Surrey "superfast" and ask them what their plans are for your area , then forward them to us as our current knowledge is they , like most authorities, have their eggs firmly in the BDUK basket to the exclusion of all others.

This will help us assess risk if we need to invest in your area to provide a more widespread service.

I cannot find your monthly requests on our system so perhaps submit another clearly identifying this please.

hope that information helps.

Regards
Richard
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Sun 25-Jan-15 20:08:05
Print Post

hi,

You are correct, new business is not top priority, there are plenty of ISP's out there who put new customers ahead of existing as it is..

How many customers we have installed across 5 counties in the periods you mention is not something we wish to share, sorry.

As already mentioned a lot of our time is being spent on upgrading our systems for our existing customers using the revenue generated from those customers. This in our view gives them the clear right to be 1st priority.

We live in a time where Billions of tax payers funds are being spent on Openreach derived solutions. If you are unhappy that this quite rightly affects other providers and their investments and therefore you, then you should take this up with those who run the BDUK process.

Being able to see a hill where we have an aerial does not neccesarily mean you can "see" the aerial. Even if you can it does not necessarily mean we have capacity left on that aerial for you at present.

We do not have a policy of stack em high, sell em cheap. With all the negatives that causes.

Kijoma remains in reality here, We are no more a figment than "BT" is to the many without their service and with 15 years behind us we will continue to operate as dynamically as possible to adapt to the market and it's many distortions.

thank you

Thank you for replying and confirming that Kijoma exists. It does appear though that new business is not a priority as despite my conversations with your office who confirmed I am on a waiting list each time I have called, no record exists of that request or indeed those conversations.

I will do as you suggest and submit a further request.

Can you let me know how many new subscribers Kijoma has installed in the last month, quarter and year?

As I mentioned my neighbour has Kijoma and therefore I would proffer that in order to provide a service to my home further infrastructure costs are irrelevant when I can see Blackdown from my window or am I missing the point.

Kijoma will remain a figment for the time being.

[
[/quote]

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 25-Jan-15 20:15:30
Print Post

How many customers we have installed across 5 counties in the periods you mention is not something we wish to share, sorry.
That'll be zero then.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Mon 26-Jan-15 21:51:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

and that is one reason why these forums are pretty pointless for ISP's, it has long term trolls who make baseless and purile comments like that and the admins are fine with it.

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
That'll be zero then.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to