User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User communityuk
(newbie) Mon 14-May-12 12:14:35
Print Post

Re: Next generation:Yorkshire leads Wireless Rural Broadband

[re: LNComms] [link to this post]

Hi,

An interesting thread!

At CommunityUK, we are providing COMPLETELY FREE Wireless Broadband services to communities in both rural and urban areas in the UK, along with a range of online "Community Networking" tools to help the community connect and get the best from the internet.

Currently operating in Hampshire and Kent, we are already talking to other communities around the UK with a view to providing our service.

It seems that the combination of genuinely FREE broadband offered, together with our community engagement and support approach is being seen as far more attractive to communities than a standard, highly priced, commercial alternative.

In addition, the fact that we are already connected with the Government's BDUK initiative and the DEFRA Rural Broadband team, we are able to provide a great deal of support and guidance when it comes to applying for government funding for such projects.

If anyone would like to know more about CommunityUK and what we are able to offer, please feel free to contact me directly.

The CommunityUK Concept Brochure is available to download from:- http://tinyurl.com/6srn3h4

Also, a recording of the BBC Click feature on our Pilot Project in Leigh Park, Hampshire can be viewed here:- www.youtube.com/thecommunityuk.

Regards,
Peter Reed-Forrester
CommunityUK.net Ltd
Tel: 0845 077 4014
Mob: 07828 075140
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.communityuk.net
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 19:09:12
Print Post

[re: communityuk] [link to this post]

It's not considered good forum practice to post the same thing twice.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User stuarttunstall
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-13 07:18:12
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Had this installed yesterday,,,fantastic!

On ADSL, as I live at the end of a very long line I could, at best get 1.5-2MB, so after 18 months waiting I finally had L N Communications wireless service installed now they have a transmitter in the village..

I could not get there top 30MB package, only the mere 20MB smile but you could say i am more than happy with that... Oh and it's cheaper than my current ADSL

Oh... and if there is any change of a storm in the area, not even at my house, my ADSL was unusable.. it has resynced 32 times since last Thursday...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2931014734.png

So I am a happy man at last!

Stuart Tunstall

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:27:58
Print Post

[re: stuarttunstall] [link to this post]

So... just an update...

I cannot thank L N Communications/ILoveBroadband enough for bringing a fast and reliable internet service to my village...

On ADSL I had a rather unreliable, slow, 1.5-2MB download speed, and this was helped by the use of DMT Tool, without which I would get around 1mb.....

So, over 2 weeks not I have had a reliable, stable and fast wireless internet connection, with around 19MB download, and 5MB upload.... so far my router has been connected for 16 whole days.... beats 1-2 days on ADSL...

Just prior to changing my router resynced no fewer than 32 times in 4 days...

Thank you L N Communications....

Stuart

Stuart Tunstall
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:56:32
Print Post

[re: stuarttunstall] [link to this post]

The reason I went for a wireless service is because ADSl where I live is not that great, this wireless service I have got have been great, ok it is not high speed, I only get 10Mb/s, but the quality of the connection is really good.

My contract comes to the end around the early part of next year and now we have got FTTC here, but to be honest I think I will carry on with what I have got. It is a small local company that offers a good service.

I am glad it is going well for you.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro , laptop by Mint

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
(newbie) Mon 23-Sep-13 20:23:01
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

With ADSL I could get at most 2mb, and that was using DMT Tool to tweak my modem settings... Fibre will be a few years off I expect for a small village like ours...

LN Communications/ILoveBroadband have mad the internet fantastic in the village, constant 20MB down/5MB up, and now connected for 26 days...

I would recommend this company for service, and qualitys..

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to