User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User slimj
(regular) Wed 03-Nov-10 13:38:56
Print Post

Re: VFast Testing 100Mbit Service

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Thanks Darren,

What Bill makes sense, your test results are displaying over 67mbit but the fastest speeds i'm seeing are around 25mbit, this ties in with the download speeds of 1.8 - 2.2mb, this speed felt like the connection was at the limit, I certainly wasn't seeing speeds representative of a 67mbit connection - so it seems I'm missing out on around 40mbit somewhere along the line?!?

Hope this helps.

James

VFast Wireless Broadband.
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User darrenorbital
(newbie) Wed 03-Nov-10 20:50:19
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

Yes although we are not finished yet, if you get chance tonight would you be able to do some more test, Canterbury and Ashford are poor speedtest servers. Europe is often less busy.

We have made some changes this afternoon and would like to know if your connection seems better or worse.

Thanks in advance
Darren
Standard User slimj
(regular) Wed 03-Nov-10 21:42:09
Print Post

[re: darrenorbital] [link to this post]

Hi Darren,

I've done some more speedtests and the results are much the same as yesterday at around 20mbit up and down. So I don't think it's any better or worse at all. The European servers tended to be a bit slower with higher pings (as I would expect being further away).

Cheers
James

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Fri 05-Nov-10 22:39:55
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Dunkirk now has the new equipment, upgrade on its way smile

Regards
Darren
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 06-Nov-10 07:58:50
Print Post

Hmm, is it possible to request this or are you guys picking names out at random?

It sounds pretty damn good, even if it "only" gets the 20mbit/s that SlimJ is saying.

Regards,

William Farren
Standard User slimj
(regular) Sat 06-Nov-10 12:51:21
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Hi William,

Drop them an email and ask to see what they can do for you. I requested to be upgraded back in July when the upgrades were announced but I've only just been upgraded on to the Staner transmitter in Thanet (are you in Thanet? you sound familiar and I have a hunch you were in Lydden?).

Connection is really stable at the moment, connection speed seems to be around the 30mbit mark at the mo with well seeded torrents downloading at over 3.3mb/s smile

James

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 06-Nov-10 13:48:14
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

Hey,

Yeah I emailed you a year or so ago to see if you were experiencing the same issues I had.

I'll get in touch with support and see what the situation is. How's your latency when you're doing these speedtests?

Regards,

William Farren
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Sat 06-Nov-10 14:45:24
Print Post

Good to hear.

I presume you've got the backhaul to do now then customer CPE's to follow in the future.

Will the new CPE use the existing power supply (box) as the current equipment? I ask as my current power box has a slight loose connection. I contacted Jonathan several months ago but never got round to swapping it over as I had forgotten about it until now.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~10 mbps (megabits per second) - ~1250 KBps (kilobytes per second)
Upstream ~2 mbps (megabits per second) - ~250 KBps (kilobytes per second)
Sky MID
Downstream Att. ~62db - SNR ~5.5db - Sync - ~2784 Kbps
Upstream Att. ~31db - SNR ~16db - Sync - ~576 Kbps
(newbie) Sat 06-Nov-10 17:22:24
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Yes, we are ready to install end user upgraded cpe's. There is a bit of a backlog at the moment but it will be soon. You will get a new power supply / poe smile
(newbie) Sat 06-Nov-10 17:23:53
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Its not quite random, there is method behind the madness. We will be in contact when its your turn, at the moment we are testing the higher speeds.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to