User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Sep-13 15:59:24
Print Post

Re: FREE Community WiFi Broadband - Not a myth!!

[re: communityuk] [link to this post]

Well I hope this is a sucess. I tried this back in 1998 in then my home town. Despite having 600 customers and charging for it it was a failure. (some may remember IAP Broadband in Portishead) so it's nice to see a free model bringing in revenue.

"
Standard User spanishwisp
(newbie) Mon 07-Oct-13 12:46:58
Print Post

Re: FREE Community WiFi Broadband - Not a myth!!

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

As the operator owner of Wireless Waves (Spain), I can also vouch for some of the comments.

Peter you were not the first provider in my area, I WAS!!! Sax/Salinas.. And as you well know, you were taken to task by me for re-selling Telefonica ADSL connections, who was injecting the bandwidth into one of your operations from his Video Rental shop in Sax.

At least from your demise, some of us did profit... I was able to go around and reconnect some of your customers to my services.

OO, by the way,,, using a scabby home router with a 10 metre length of RG58 cable stretching to a flat panel antenna, trying to act out as a "carrier grade" cpe doesnt really cut the mustard as "state of the art" equipment that you claimed to have deployed in your earlier post.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to