User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 1jim
(newbie) Mon 28-May-12 18:31:22
Print Post

Re: Mesh, what's the problem?

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Hi, provider is www.ineedbroadband.co.uk

Prices of packages are here http://www.ineedbroadband.co.uk/home_level.htm.

All in all, when I cancel talktalk essentials and line rental I will only be paying a few quid more if I go for the 8mb package....... But now I've seen 20mb I might try and persuade the wife we really do need the speed!

I am told that 50Mb is possible but that they need more customers to sign up first but to be honest it seems a bit pricey for me.

http://www.ineedbroadband.co.uk/coverage/ineedbroadb... shows distribution from the mast

I was really looking forward to getting this and was first install in the village (sad I know) but was quite worried as am naturally sceptical and lots of people thought it wouldn't work, all in all I'm well chuffed!

Edited by 1jim (Mon 28-May-12 18:38:12)

Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-May-12 19:25:03
Print Post

Re: Mesh, what's the problem?

[re: 1jim] [link to this post]

As predicted a ubiuqiti antenna. It's the Loco as Bill has already pointed out.

Eclipse do sell fibre leased lines and FTTC, but the pings look too high for fibre to be the backhaul. Looks a bit like you're sharing a 24Mbps Annex M ADSL2+ line. No problem with that to start with, I'm sure they will upgrade to fibre or bounded ADSL2+ to increase capacity when needed.

Odd that they don't have their own IP allocation. I wonder if it is NATed or if Eclipse have simply provided a (large?) IP block for them to use?

Any way all in all a fantastic success, welcome to the world of faster broadband smile

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2

Edited by 5km (Mon 28-May-12 19:26:55)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to