User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Thu 20-Sep-12 21:43:20
Print Post

Re: allpay speed problems

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

allpay needs to sort out the network has mys speed is at 4mb geting 10mb in the day time its just the eveing time form 4 to 12
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Sep-12 22:31:22
Print Post

[re: funkyboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by funkyboy:
allpay needs to sort out the network has mys speed is at 4mb geting 10mb in the day time its just the eveing time form 4 to 12

Sadly you are right. I thought they may have sorted out the problem by now. i did have a phone number for the engineer but I had to restore my computer and for got to save it to zip or the network drive. so I will have to send them another email.

I was told it would be sorted by this week, if it was not the fact that I am paying a extra tenner for the extra speed I would not bother too much, but the fact is I am.

I really wanted allpay to work and at the moment it is not, well not for what I want. True the 5Mb/s I was getting was better than I could get via ADSL, but i could now get around 40Mb/s with FTTC, but I don't want to go for FTTC.

the problem is i am at work in the day time and it is difficult for me to get in touch.

i will send them a email or send them a message on facebook.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Thu 20-Sep-12 22:42:45
Print Post

when i ring up thay all say some one wil ring u back but days gobye but no one rings

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Thu 20-Sep-12 22:46:34
Print Post

love to know when cab 73 going to be done then it give me anther option to see what spped i can get with sky i was talking to bt engineer and he told me that i would get more then 10mb when it gose live once they ahve done my cab
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Sep-12 00:01:38
Print Post

when i ring up thay all say some one wil ring u back but days gobye but no one rings

Very strange, I send a email to them and I have someone phone me the next day or the same day depending on when I send the email.

i had a message left on my mobile today saying that i should have my 10 megabits back and I do.

i also found a flaw in my own network going to my main computer upstairs. I use home plugs and for some reason they seemed to have stopped working at a decent speed from upstairs to downstairs.

i stuck the laptop up here thinking it may have been my computer, but same thing, only 1Mb/s with wired network, with wireless over 11. So I took the home plugs downstairs with the laptop and they work fine.
so at the moment I am on Wi-fi on my main computer as the home plugs seems to have problems going between floors for some reason now.

but anyway apart from my network being a pain, i am now getting the speed from allpay as i found out when I went to watch numbers on netfliks and had XHD.

thanks allpay.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Sep-12 00:04:02
Print Post

love to know when cab 73 going to be done then it give me anther option to see what spped i can get with sky i was talking to bt engineer and he told me that i would get more then 10mb when it gose live once they ahve done my cab

i would not like to say, If you try and it did not work at the speed then you are stuck.

Depends how far away cab73 is from you, if I remember rightly it is a bit of a distance.

Adrian

Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Sat 22-Sep-12 13:18:05
Print Post

i am 2.5miles away from it but i see theres a anther one at the village hall thats number 73 a i dont know if thats dummy or not i think i be better of staying only if there going to offer 35mb or more it be nice if they do to match up with bt what do you think?

have u got internet over the mains then i take it may be you need to buy some new ones
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Sep-12 09:56:40
Print Post

i am 2.5miles away from it but i see theres a anther one at the village hall thats number 73 a i dont know if thats dummy or not i think i be better of staying only if there going to offer 35mb or more it be nice if they do to match up with bt what do you think?

Myself I am not bothered, Never seen the need for 20Mb/s or more, all I want is something around 8-10 as long as it is constant. Last night it was not and the speed went down to about 6 which is not good when I am watching netflicks as the quality goes down and also the audio changes. i will see what it is like today, Saturday is pretty busy, but then allpay should really have tripled their bandwidth.

We will see what happens over the next month or so.

If 35Mb/s was offered at the same price i am paying now then I would take it as long as it was constant, but I would not pay more for it.

have u got internet over the mains then i take it may be you need to buy some new ones

I don't think getting new homeplugs will solve the problem.

Adrian

Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Sun 23-Sep-12 12:25:19
Print Post

whats u speed today just did a speed test and its 2.5mb maybe its the rain
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Sep-12 12:44:52
Print Post

It is not consistent, which is the problem. It is just over six now, but earlier on it was 12. I doubt the rain would make a lot of difference.

The reason I went up to the faster speed was to get HD on netfliks, but if it can't keep to the speed i want then I may as well go back to 5megabits and save a tenner a month. i don't need the higher speed for any other reason.

i only just noticed it is raining smile

Adrian

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to