User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Oct-12 09:08:00
Print Post

Re: allpay speed problems

[re: funkyboy] [link to this post]

i don't know, you will have to ask Allpay, they still got a problem with the fibre and going to do some work to it on the 16th between the hours of 5am and 7am. Maybe that is the problem

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2242703935.png

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband

Edited by zyborg47 (Mon 15-Oct-12 09:08:50)

Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Sat 20-Oct-12 13:05:08
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

i dont know what they have done internet bandwidth i thoughtb it was all fix but the last few days its been [censored] today my upload speed is faster then download and keeps droping out any one experience this ?
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Oct-12 22:33:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by funkyboy:
i dont know what they have done internet bandwidth i thoughtb it was all fix but the last few days its been [censored] today my upload speed is faster then download and keeps droping out any one experience this ?

the only problem I have had for two days running was a couple of disconnects, but speed wise it have been fine. A friend of mine who also got allpay also don't seem to be having any problems. Maybe it is a problem with the relay you are using. Best to get in touch with Allpay when they reopen.

theat is the only problem I have with allpay, no weekend customer service. Ok i know if there was a problem, they would pick it up and get it fixed, so they say.

Still happy with the service I am getting, not sure if it is worth paying the extra for the extra speed mind you.

Adrian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User funkyboy
(regular) Sat 20-Oct-12 22:42:55
Print Post

will do on monday do think they need 24hour support or somethink on the web site. once openreach has put in the new cab at the abbey i may change to sky fiber broadband i want to get my bills in one unless allpay can give me 30mb
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 21-Oct-12 10:38:53
Print Post

24 hour support costs money and they do have a support for businses at the weekend but you pay for it. Don't forget that compared to other ISPs there are very few people using the service, so keeping someone there for 24 hours would be not be good financially.

We knew when we signed up, or I did anyway as I was told that support is not 24 hours.
i sent a message to some I know in Mardan to see if he is having the same problems as you. I know he is only on 5Mb/s anyway as he is a fair distance from the relay.

If you think that fibre will be better for you then by all means go for it when/if it eventually comes to you.

i can get fibre now and i knew it would not have been long when I went for allpay, but I don't require all that speed and to be honest I prefer to give my money to a local company than some big telecoms company,

Will that change in a couple of years? i don't know, anything can happen in two years, but as long as the service is fine then I will stay as I am for the time being.

just had a message back, the lad at Marden been having a few dropouts, but then so have I, but nothing worse, he still got a good speed. We know about the drop outs, I had a email from all pay telling me about them and what they was doing to sort it. Last night it did not drop once.

Maybe it is a problem with your relay.

Adrian

Edited by zyborg47 (Sun 21-Oct-12 10:44:28)

Standard User funkyboy
(member) Wed 20-Feb-13 14:31:45
Print Post

dose u internet keeps droping out
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Feb-13 21:58:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by funkyboy: