User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nrms
(member) Sun 01-Dec-13 11:34:18
Print Post

Re: Where are the Increased Bandwidth Allowances?

[re: GreigM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GreigM:
I logged on this morning as well expecting to see increased allowance, but still remains the same. I now have the sinking feeling that this doesn't apply to the "Fibre" services, so my Fibre Active product remains at 100Gb. Can anyone from Zen confirm this is the case?

That could be the case. I hope not; that would be unfair since we Fibre Active customers are all locked into lengthy contracts at a relatively high monthly price and cannot get the unlimited fibre product new customers have access to.

On another note, now 3 hours later with only a bit of light web browsing, my portal says I've now used 2GB of bandwidth this is crazy!!!
Standard User TrishaH
(experienced) Sun 01-Dec-13 11:51:08
Print Post

[re: nrms] [link to this post]

My ADSL allowance hadn't changed at around 1am this morning, but it had when I looked a short while ago.

I did however notice that for less than 12 hours into the day, the daily usage showed at 0.4, and I typically use just under 0.3 in a whole day when nothing else has been using the connection.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Dec-13 14:32:37
Print Post

[re: TrishaH] [link to this post]

Conspiracy! wink

Zen 8000 Pro

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TrishaH
(experienced) Sun 01-Dec-13 15:13:33
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

laugh

Things must have been re-setting gradually: mine now shows my daily average as 0.155, so by the end of the day, it should be roughly as it normally is for usage.

Very nice to have the extra bandwidth allowance!

I do think it only applies to ADSL though, not fibre.

Standard User AndrewNi
(regular) Sun 01-Dec-13 15:15:53
Print Post

According to Phil Long's post in the Zen forums, sadly you are correct.

I'm not on VDSL but for Zen to claim to "[increase] its monthly download usage allowances on all its broadband services" (my emphasis) but then claim fibre broadband isn't broadband (?!) is outrageous.
Standard User GreigM
(newbie) Sun 01-Dec-13 18:00:19
Print Post

[re: AndrewNi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndrewNi:
According to Phil Long's post in the Zen forums, sadly you are correct.

I'm not on VDSL but for Zen to claim to "[increase] its monthly download usage allowances on all its broadband services" (my emphasis) but then claim fibre broadband isn't broadband (?!) is outrageous.

Indeed, I haven't seen such a massive PR own-goal in business since Gerlad Ratner was at the helm of a company. How can they possible advertise "all" its broadband services and then not include fibre broadband?

All broadband
Fibre Broadband

I've emphasised the important part for you wink

I am one of the new second-class broadband customers (previously known as "fibre" broadband customers) who got screwed this morning.

I will be taking this up with the ASA and anyone else who will listen. If anyone from Zen is reading and gives a [censored] then you have turned me from a loyal Zen customer who would happily recommend you to one who will steer people away and leave as soon as my contract allows, purely because you made me feel like an undervalued customer.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Dec-13 18:37:49
Print Post

Many references here to Fibre Broadband http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/fibre-opt...

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User nrms
(member) Sun 01-Dec-13 19:12:22
Print Post

Well I've been with Zen since 2003 and I have Fibre Office broadband at £66 per month contracted to March 2015, and also Zen Talk monthly.

But if they are going to make us long contracted customers second-class then I will also walk as soon as my contract ends.
Standard User steviechap
(regular) Tue 03-Dec-13 10:49:26
Print Post

Re: Where are the Increased Bandwidth Allowances? *DELETED*

Post deleted by steviechap
Standard User steviechap
(regular) Tue 03-Dec-13 10:52:31
Print Post

[re: nrms] [link to this post]

1. I'm happy with reliability
2. I happy with speeds.

I am not happy with Zen.

1. Not included in price drops as per other customers
2. Supplied Router doesn't work to the advertised speed so had to purchase my own router (yes I worked with support - works fine when directly plugged into the BT supplied box)
3. Supplied Router didn't allow FTP (see point 2) (yes I worked with support)
4. No bandwidth increase unaligned with other products.

Point '1' I can concede.

As an early adopter you expect there to be problems - hence point 2 and 3.

Point '4' is indefensible.

I am not alone - of the 3 friends/family that I have set up with Zen, two have moved away due to disappointment with the price point and perceived value.

Zen have a couple of weeks to sort out this bandwidth allocation otherwise I'm cancelling my DD and off elsewhere as the product no longer meets my needs.

And good luck to Zen in enforcing the fixed term contract in the small claims court as only 50% of the advertised product is being supplied.

--
ZeN Fibre Early Adopter
TP-Link TD-W8970
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to