User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Adam3k
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 09:06:03
Print Post

Re: Zen home phone - billing trouble/direct debit only?!?!

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by IamQ:
Any account error or problem or payment issue the money just gets taken - then you have to wait for the refund after you have called up to resolve the matter.

Or call your bank and get an immediate refund. Call the suppler advise what you have done and get them to take the balance on next collection. smile

Most companies prefer DD as they can dip into your account when they feel like it and take as much/little as they like.

Just like they can with your credit or debit card details on file? And its more hassle to dispute that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StructuredCommunications Bonded FTTC 74.5Mbps Download & 22.4Mbps Upload.

Edited by Adam3k (Wed 16-Apr-14 09:15:41)

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 16-Apr-14 09:37:03
Print Post

[re: Adam3k] [link to this post]

They can only use your card details if 1 they have specific consent to do so, or 2 you have allowed a CPA against the card...

And never had a problem with a credit card dispute... Had more problems with a DD dispute.

CPA is a different matter.
Standard User Geordish
(learned) Wed 16-Apr-14 09:59:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by IamQ:
Any account error or problem or payment issue the money just gets taken - then you have to wait for the refund after you have called up to resolve the matter.

The company has to give you advance notice of what they intend to collect (10 days I believe) which should be ample time to get in touch with the company if you believe it is incorrect.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Wed 16-Apr-14 12:35:59
Print Post

[re: Geordish] [link to this post]

Depends on the company.
I was billed incorrectly for 6 months by Plusnet and each time I phoned/raised a ticket after receiving a DD notification was told that they would have to issue a refund after the DD had gone through!

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sat 19-Apr-14 14:11:31
Print Post

Sorry, IamQ, but you are just plain wrong.

Taking money by credit card costs between 1.75% and 2.25% on top of the bill, depending on how much of a rip-off the bank is.

Direct debits cost little or nothing extra.

The Direct Debit Guarantee is given by your bank, not by the seller.

Read it and you will discover that they are very well covered indeed. Any wrong payment and you can get the money back from your bank, regardless of what the seller says.

The DDG protects you so well that it seems amazing that such a deal is offered - but it is!
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Sat 19-Apr-14 20:02:05
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hoopla:
Sorry, IamQ, but you are just plain wrong.

Taking money by credit card costs between 1.75% and 2.25% on top of the bill, depending on how much of a rip-off the bank is.

Direct debits cost little or nothing extra.

I didn't specifically say anything about *credit* cards. I am aware of the fees charged to clear *some* *credit card* transactions and that was not the point that was being made. Don't you notice how a lot of merchants don't accept specific card types or make you specifically aware of any additional charges if you try and use an 'odd' card for a transaction.

What about *debit* cards? (Ignoring CPA)

Your comments are by-the-by. In this specific instance BT (for example) would charge a payment processing fee for *anything* other than DD - granted the cost was out of proportion to the payment I was still happy to pay. The point is not protections or anything else, its about customer choice, the same as where and how you buy/pay for your fuel, train tickets and weekly shopping.

Companies who understand customer choice tend to do a lot better than those who don't - Zen have proven themselves over & over again when it comes to listening to feedback and being able to manage every request/order in a human way looking at circumstance, relationship and the bigger picture - not just looking at a script or a software package which tells them how to deal with the customer.

Edited by IamQ (Sat 19-Apr-14 20:03:11)

Standard User RubyP
(newbie) Thu 24-Apr-14 08:31:05
Print Post

Any specific reason IamQ for not supporting direct debit payment solutions? Donít you find it a convenient, quick and hassle free form of payment? Even if there had been a faulty payment, you can always receive a refund from the bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme.
Standard User lexden16
(member) Thu 24-Apr-14 14:58:22
Print Post

I am not really not sure that this thread is worth the webspace. At the end of the day, it comes down to choice. If a retailer is not prepared to accept payment in a certain form then go to someone that does. Zen's market research will tell them whether they are missing a trick. I suspect that given the guarantees that exist, Zen knows that the majority of its customers prefer to use DD as a way of payment. I have moved home 23 times in 35 years as required by my employer, and I have never had an issue with DDs as a way of paying my bills.
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(member) Thu 24-Apr-14 15:55:53
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Has nobody noticed the OP's Startrek name?

He probably wears a tin foil helmet and has his house walls lined with lead.
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Mon 28-Apr-14 21:49:49
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:
Has nobody noticed the OP's Startrek name?

He probably wears a tin foil helmet and has his house walls lined with lead.

While I send my minions to chew through your phone line.

Lol grow up people - if you have nothing constructive to say keep quite. A golden rule many appear to forget
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to