User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 12-Nov-15 09:01:39
Print Post

Re: Zen install cost w/new line

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
In reply to a post by TonyHoyle:
No phone + FTTC, but I've not got a straight answer yet, hence the thread (I was asked to send my details, sent them everything they asked for, salesman didn't even bother to read them and just replied with a generic answer).

I'll probably just go with a BT line.. I can have that ordered tonight and sort out the FTTC later.
BT yuk, and the most expensive, try pulse 8 they do new lines for £90 and it's £13 per month line rental for voice only

Pulse8 charge £90 for the phone line installation and then £125 for the fibre installation it will be a SIM2 so I get the line and FTTC on the same day. Unfortunately moving from Sky LLU seems to be a real PiTA.

Only reason I know is that they are doing this for me next week!

plusnet Unlimited Fibre (FTTC) > Sky Fibre Pro Unlimited. 17ms Ping, Sync ~ 64.05/18.83Mbps - BQM
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Nov-15 14:23:04
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

I was suggesting pulse 8 for Line +line rental only As they do standalone voice services as they resell wlr3 as well
The FTTC Install charge on a new line is On-Site Fibre New Install (No Existing Broadband) £125 (£104.17 +V.A.T.) which is a engineer install so faceplate BT modem(data extension kit) if requested included in this fee

But unlike the others there is no 12+ min term to worry about , a 1 mth contract , so they are going to charge a bit more where they can

Also Zen will charge an addition install charge for FTTC if an engineer install it will be around the £90 mark i would think, although they did sometime ago reduce this to £40 (which may be wires only install) no engineer visit , which could lead to problems later ,with performance of the connection, if there is an underlying issue with the line it's self

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 12-Nov-15 14:49:48)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Nov-15 01:19:23
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
I was suggesting pulse 8 for Line +line rental only As they do standalone voice services as they resell wlr3 as well
The FTTC Install charge on a new line is On-Site Fibre New Install (No Existing Broadband) £125 (£104.17 +V.A.T.) which is a engineer install so faceplate BT modem(data extension kit) if requested included in this fee

Unfortunately in the 3 occasions that I've requested quotes from Pulse8 for this they have insisted the £90 ne line charge is also applicable!

So £125 + £90 frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to