User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 3MbBik
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-16 10:38:54
Print Post

Re: Slow downloads

[re: jongreen84] [link to this post]

Any chance of a progress update.

My single thread degradation is now starting to become apparent earlier in the working day, and the congestion is even starting to slow down multithread downloads.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

I previously attempted to have Andrews and Arnold install a second line and provide a parallel VDSL service using a different backhaul supplier but Openreach were unable to supply a spare telephone line. Openreach can now supply a second line so I have a decision to make. An upfront honest appraisal of Zens ability to resolve this issue would certainly be appreciated.

Godfrey
Standard User hazey_flakes
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-16 16:46:42
Print Post

[re: 3MbBik] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 3MbBik:

Both the engineers looking at this are in meetings this afternoon, I'll prompt them to provide an update tomorrow.
My own circuit is also affected by this issue. As some people have reported that the issue doesn't appear when terminated on BNG1 I've move my connection across to their and will also retest this evening.
Standard User sor
(regular) Tue 15-Mar-16 18:31:29
Print Post

[re: hazey_flakes] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hazey_flakes:
In reply to a post by 3MbBik:

Both the engineers looking at this are in meetings this afternoon, I'll prompt them to provide an update tomorrow.
My own circuit is also affected by this issue. As some people have reported that the issue doesn't appear when terminated on BNG1 I've move my connection across to their and will also retest this evening.

I've had iffy performance on bng1 at least once so that would appear to confirm jongreen's statement that there are other things involved.

That said, I was on one of the dsl gateways a few minutes ago, getting approx 20Mbps single threaded, now on bng1 and getting 75Mbps with no problems

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hazey_flakes
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-16 19:33:35
Print Post

[re: sor] [link to this post]

So I've completed my testing. I was connected to BNG1 and tested against the Zen speedtester (speedtest.zen.co.uk). Performance was brilliant. Kicked myself onto DSL6, terrible single threaded performance. Kicked back to BNG1 terrible single threaded. This matches what Jon and our other engineers have seen so far.
ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Wed 16-Mar-16 20:33:24
Print Post

[re: 3MbBik] [link to this post]

Hi,

Brandon did bring this to my attention yesterday, but I've only just had chance to update this, so apologies for the delay.

It looks like we've identified a number of potential issues which are resulting in the same symptoms, and we're currently working to resolve each issue. We have an investigation open with our supplier relating to some of the speed issues, and others appear to be related to certain interconnect points between us and our supplier, so we're working to narrow this down.

As some of you may have experienced, we've had some intermittent connectivity issues over the past couple of days also, so the team has been working on these, which as you can imagine is been keeping us busy!

We fully appreciate the frustration caused by these issues, and appreciate your patience while myself and my colleagues work to resolve them.

Kind Regards,

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Wed 16-Mar-16 20:37:40
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Thanks for the feedback. We're happy to be providing useful information, and being techies ourselves means we do realise that some customers do appreciate the more detailed updates.

As has been mentioned, some aspects will be commercially sensitive/not general public knowledge, but I don't see any issue with what we've been discussing so far, so we'll do our best to keep you updated.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Wed 16-Mar-16 20:41:02
Print Post

[re: RichTea23] [link to this post]

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

While geographic location is a factor in where we terminate customers, we also take into account the capacity of our connections to our suppliers, and also the capabilities of the broadband platforms at each site.

Hopefully this helps explain!

Jon
Standard User PSP83
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-16 21:08:10
Print Post

Its quite bad tonight.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/2e4529d0bd0...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
(isp) Wed 16-Mar-16 21:14:17
Print Post

[re: PSP83] [link to this post]

Wow, that looks terrible.

Please make sure you update your support case with that information, as it looks a lot worse than the slow single-thread issue, and the packet loss is really quite a worry - so I want to ensure we don't skip over another issue (e.g. congested SVLAN).

Could you also PM me which exchange you're on please.

Edit: To add, thank you for the update.

Edited by jongreen84 (Wed 16-Mar-16 21:15:03)

Standard User PSP83
(newbie) Wed 16-Mar-16 23:05:40
Print Post

Yeah it was terrible, couldn't really do anything at the peak of it frown

When I did the speed test on this site, I did one straight after on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and it came back a little bit over 52 Mbps.

My profile is 54.8 Mbps.

I don't know if its coincidence but I re-enabled IPv6 today (hence the dropped connection in the graph at 2pm).

Another thing I've noticed is that if I get connected to BNG1 the connection doesn't last long and it seems to drop my connection and I end up back on DSL6.

Paul

Edited by PSP83 (Thu 17-Mar-16 00:53:12)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to