User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(member) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:03:22
Print Post

Re: Slow throughput problem

[re: twins] [link to this post]

Damn, I see. Well single threaded speed is pretty important still. Streaming is just one example of a single threaded transfer. Even downloading files on Chrome is slow because it's single threaded. Steam on the other hand, for example, does multi threaded transfers so it's fast. I don't understand what's causing some customers of Zen to experience this slow single threaded download speed issue, nor do I understand why Zen told you it's not important as it is important. I'm on their LLU by the way, I used to be on WBMC.

Edited by Ixel (Wed 27-Sep-17 21:04:50)

Standard User deezel
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:49:34
Print Post

[re: melevittfl] [link to this post]

Ditto packet loss ,latency up from 12ms up to 144ms i'm only on adsl2+ and was thinking of going fttc , but if things don't improve I think i'll be looking else where
Standard User captain_oly
(newbie) Thu 28-Sep-17 09:29:11
Print Post

[re: deezel] [link to this post]

Shocking latency in Guildford. Been like this since the last 'maintenance'. It is not my line, modem etc... I'm on ADSL2 Zen LLU.

I'm at work 8am until 6pm so absolutely no usage on the line. Light usage in the evening.

TBB Ping Chart

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User marjohn56
(newbie) Thu 28-Sep-17 09:30:04
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

I've been using SpeedofMe for a while now, only uses single threading.
SpeedOf.Me is a single threaded test while most others (like the one that you have used) are multi-threaded. SpeedOf.Me uses a single connection to download the sample files which is closer to what users actually do in their everyday browsing and downloading.

HG612 -> pfSense 2.4B

--------------------------------------------------------
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Thu 28-Sep-17 10:13:06
Print Post

[re: twins] [link to this post]

Hi, Anyone experiencing single thread speed issues please feel free to PM me your details and I'll make sure the issue is investigated properly.

Best regards,

Andrew Sayle

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User twins
(regular) Thu 28-Sep-17 17:59:28
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

I thank you for this offer Andrew and I have sent a PM. I did wonder about the importance of single thread download as the downloads I have done seem very slow to what I thought they should be. My usage of the Internet is pretty low by todays standards, around 2gig a day. But I would like to think that I have the best possible speed I can get from Zen. I must also say though, even though the advice from one service rep does seem wrong, I cannot fault the friendliness and the general manner of all the reps I have dealt with at Zen.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to