User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User biker_rich_1971
(newbie) Fri 03-May-19 10:30:30
Print Post

Fritz Box 7530 Bridge Mode

[link to this post]

Is it possible to put the Fritz 7530 into bridge mode?

It looks like it should do it but without an obvious reset button it looks like you can brick it through the UI - or does it's always make its internal ip 192.168.178.1/24 available?
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-May-19 18:56:41
Print Post

Re: Fritz Box 7530 Bridge Mode

[re: biker_rich_1971] [link to this post]

The options in this link seem to also apply to my 7530. https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/fritzbox-3490-set...

Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-May-19 22:20:01
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

A factory reset can be triggered with an analog touchtone phone plugged into the phone port https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7530/kno... There should always be access on 192.168.178.1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User biker_rich_1971
(newbie) Sat 04-May-19 16:11:17
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Perfect that's what i was looking for. I better go and dig out an old phone just in case...

Thanks
Standard User douglazy
(newbie) Fri 15-Nov-19 16:36:23
Print Post

[re: biker_rich_1971] [link to this post]

How did it work out for you? I've just ordered broadband from Zen and I'm thinking of doing the same when my fritzbox arrives.

--
Downstream 474 Kbps (59.3 KB/sec) 511 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 245 Kbps (30.6 KB/sec) 264 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Standard User ashdown
(newbie) Fri 15-Nov-19 20:37:32
Print Post

[re: douglazy] [link to this post]

This is an old thread, so I'll respond as a recent (less than a month) convert to Zen.

My research before joining indicated that it might just about be possible (opinions differ) to persuade the Fritz!Box 7530 into bridge mode but that it would be difficult and probably wouldn't work. It doesn't claim to support bridge mode use, so I went with the consensus and bought a Draytek Vigor 130 modem which works fine as a bridge between the incoming VDSL and my pfSense router/firewall. I relegated the Fritz!Box to use as a WiFi access point, where it works very well.
Standard User douglazy
(newbie) Fri 15-Nov-19 22:16:10
Print Post

[re: ashdown] [link to this post]

Ah right, I'll probably just turn off WiFi and DHCP and then put my Draytek Vigor 2830n in the DMZ then.
Unless I can figure out if it's possible to connect the Draytek to VDSL2, which I think I've seen hinted is possible.

--
Standard User douglazy
(newbie) Mon 25-Nov-19 15:53:30
Print Post

Okay, having received the my 7530 from Zen, I've started setting it up with my Zen login credentials and adjusting IP's to work with my existing home network.

I've discovered that it hass a PPPoE passthrough option. Does that mean that theoretically I can set my Draytek router to make the PPP connection to Zen? I wonder if there's any benefit to doing this rather than just setting up my LAN router's external IP to an exposed host in the Fritzboz.

--
Standard User tavster
(newbie) Mon 02-Dec-19 11:54:02
Print Post

Just online with Zen today using the 7530 PPPoE passthrough option and it works with my Ubiquiti gateway. Just need to set the 7530 to use the wrong PPPoE connection login details and it fails to establish a connection, allowing the USG to connect. I've configured the 7530 with an IP on my LAN so I can login and see the DSL stats which are quite useful. Only been up 3 hrs and I'm getting the attainable speed. Will be interesting to see over the next week or so how it compares to BT.
Standard User pvr
(newbie) Tue 10-Dec-19 13:50:09
Print Post

[re: tavster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tavster:
Just online with Zen today using the 7530 PPPoE passthrough option and it works with my Ubiquiti gateway. Just need to set the 7530 to use the wrong PPPoE connection login details and it fails to establish a connection, allowing the USG to connect. I've configured the 7530 with an IP on my LAN so I can login and see the DSL stats which are quite useful. Only been up 3 hrs and I'm getting the attainable speed. Will be interesting to see over the next week or so how it compares to BT.

Ahhh, never thought of doing that bit, i.e. to make the 7530 fail the PPPOE.

My Draytek load balancer could not establish a PPPOE connection despite setting the passthrough on the Fritzbox but never tried to make the Fritzbox itself fail ...

Good pointer and I will try that, thanks
  Print Thread

Jump to