User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Jun-19 11:55:25
Print Post

Strangely shaped speedtest graph

[link to this post]

I have been getting speedtest results that show a slow build-up to maximum speed - the first 30% or so.

My Broadband Speed Test.

The overal result is OK, but the shape of the graph is different to how it was a few months ago. Then the rise was sharp, as the upload graph shows.
Can someone check their speedtest graph and see it the have the same lag please?
MrSaffron says that the speed should rise to maximum almost immediately, but Zen say the slow buildup is not a problem.

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (gone downhill)
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Jun-19 13:22:09
Print Post

Re: Strangely shaped speedtest graph

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

Is it affecting your use of the internet?
It rises more than fast enough to load webpages and start video streams.

If you weren't looking at speed test graphs would you even notice it?

I think some people expect way too much from a contended residential service.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Jun-19 14:27:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukwiz:
I have been getting speedtest results that show a slow build-up to maximum speed - the first 30% or so.

My Broadband Speed Test.

The overal result is OK, but the shape of the graph is different to how it was a few months ago. Then the rise was sharp, as the upload graph shows.
Can someone check their speedtest graph and see it the have the same lag please?
MrSaffron says that the speed should rise to maximum almost immediately, but Zen say the slow buildup is not a problem.
Strangely enough i a few months ago was seeing the same or a similar thing, a slow ramp up in throughput , which affected the downstream only, this was coupled with a higher than normal amount of jitter on the TBQM when using the connection for catch up tv, or YouTube content, This occurred after a continuous sync of nearly 2 years,(something triggered DLM ) for a reason unknown, Zen support investigated with BT found that they had changed the svlan i was on, or something like that as it was showing as hot, So they requested a move to another svlan , and that issue disappeared , The other thing that wasn't and still isn't working for me is BT's IP profile, the BT performance tester will not display it, nor will the other 3rd party tool, zen are aware but have no timescale on it being resolved

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Jun-19 16:53:49
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Mmm web pages are a lot of smallish items needing downloading in rapid or at the same time, so if the ramp up to max speed is several seconds people will notice that web pages are not particularly great.

Millions will not notice of course

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Mon 03-Jun-19 11:07:11
Print Post

I see that test was ipv6, does it do the same on ip4?
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Jun-19 12:35:12
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

Yes, just the same on ipv4

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (gone downhill)
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jul-19 16:33:40
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Zen support said that they would arrange a vlan move for me. I have been away for a couple of weeks, and have just contacted them to get it done.
I am now being stonewalled and having to go through all the troubleshooting again.

What a shower

David

Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Mon 08-Jul-19 15:32:49
Print Post

get duffy to sort it out lol.

tang [censored]. w t f

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 08-Jul-19 15:33:44)

Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Jul-19 10:16:33
Print Post

Yesterday I received an email saying that my vlan move would take place overnight. Checking this morning the problem is sorted. Speed graph has the shape it is supposed to have.

I feel sorry for whoever gets the vlan next!

David

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Jul-19 12:59:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukwiz:
Yesterday I received an email saying that my vlan move would take place overnight. Checking this morning the problem is sorted. Speed graph has the shape it is supposed to have.

I feel sorry for whoever gets the vlan next!
BT Wholesale sounds like that Vlan is in correctly configured or there is an hardware issue , They should fix it and stop using it
Standard User im1
(newbie) Tue 09-Jul-19 13:49:00
Print Post

Re: Strangely shaped speedtest graph *DELETED*

Post deleted by im1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to