User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Sat 20-Jul-19 08:42:02
Print Post

Re: Speed starts normal then shoots down by 20mbps

[re: BlizzardUK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BlizzardUK:
I notice when I do a speed check my usual 60mbps speed now starts at that, but within seconds it is dropping down to 38mbps, it never used to do this.

Have you got a screenshot of the speedtest graph showing how it drops? And I assume that the "sync speed" as reported by your modem is a bit over 60Mbps?

This is just a guess, but it sounds to me like Zen could have applied a 40Mbps BRAS profile to your line.

My IP Profile is still the same as before so that hasn't dropped.

By this, I guess you mean you've checked at BT Wholesale? It is possible Zen's own BRAS might be applying the wrong profile, e.g. a bug in their RADIUS servers.

If resyncing the line can make the problem go away sometimes, that would suggest Zen sometimes applying the wrong profile when the session starts, e.g. if they have a pool of RADIUS servers and one of them is misconfigured.
Standard User recalluk
(newbie) Sat 20-Jul-19 12:18:40
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

Same all good ... I am now getting full speed all the time.

Had a "change" applied to the line by a engineer .. dunno what it was but it caused a rsync and all been fine since.
Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Sat 20-Jul-19 21:16:26
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
I notice when I do a speed check my usual 60mbps speed now starts at that, but within seconds it is dropping down to 38mbps, it never used to do this.

Have you got a screenshot of the speedtest graph showing how it drops? And I assume that the "sync speed" as reported by your modem is a bit over 60Mbps?

This is just a guess, but it sounds to me like Zen could have applied a 40Mbps BRAS profile to your line.

My IP Profile is still the same as before so that hasn't dropped.

By this, I guess you mean you've checked at BT Wholesale? It is possible Zen's own BRAS might be applying the wrong profile, e.g. a bug in their RADIUS servers.

If resyncing the line can make the problem go away sometimes, that would suggest Zen sometimes applying the wrong profile when the session starts, e.g. if they have a pool of RADIUS servers and one of them is misconfigured.

nothing would surprise me now if im honest. after being screwed around and suffering from a bad connection for a gamer im now on something that could be deemed to be ok. from constant packetloss and jitter to this.

so it wasnt bt all along.

lisa the solicitor and all the jhons working at zen have a lot to answer for. wink

edit there goes my ok connnection...........tongue

Edited by bigbadpirate (Sat 20-Jul-19 21:25:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobWatts
(newbie) Sun 21-Jul-19 23:52:48
Print Post

[re: recalluk] [link to this post]

My connection is good at the moment, but have the same routing to echo.zen.co.uk.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms fritz.box [192.168.0.1]
2 18 ms 16 ms 14 ms vt1.cor2.lond1.ptn.zen.net.uk [51.148.72.22]
3 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms ae-2.agg4.lond1.ptn.zen.net.uk [51.148.73.86]
4 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms vl-50.ae6.cr1.th-lon.zen.net.uk [51.148.73.57]
5 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms xe-2-0-0-172.dr1.lr-slo.zen.net.uk [62.3.80.102]
6 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms cache03.dns.zen.net.uk [212.23.6.100

My router has not resynched since June 26th.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to