User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Cheatman
(newbie) Fri 28-Jun-19 10:51:52
Print Post

Price rise on Fibe unlimited 1 to £31.99 + £19.99 setup

[link to this post]

Only seem a couple of months ago that they dropped it to £29.99 + no setup.

Seems they put the price up with no fanfare.

Sadly, I'm on the big deal offer which is due to finish in a few months and was hoping to drop from fibre 2 to fibre 1 to save some money, now I'm annoyed that I've missed out on quite a big saving and a free router.

Good for those that got the lower price and the "Lifetime price guarantee" but no so good for those that missed it.

Seriously will consider leaving in September, even if means I bite my nose off to spite my face.

Setup has also gone from 0 to £19.99 on fibre 2....
Standard User flilot
(newbie) Fri 28-Jun-19 11:09:11
Print Post

Re: Price rise on Fibe unlimited 1 to £31.99 + £19.99 setup

[re: Cheatman] [link to this post]

Have you called Zen and spoke to them about it? They are very good to talk to, and, as you're thinking of regrading downwards and staying with them, they may be able to offer you a deal?

I assume you have line rental with Zen also, because if you don't the price drops down to £22/month on Fibre 1. I'm also fairly certain you won't have to pay an activation fee for a regrade, as you are already "activated" on Zen.

Carl
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Jun-19 00:32:26
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

Price for life doesn't mean price rises, just that all prices are fixed for life once signed up, even Ultrafast!
https://www.zen.co.uk/blog/posts/zen-blog/2019/06/25...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cheatman
(newbie) Sat 29-Jun-19 14:28:01
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flilot:
Have you called Zen and spoke to them about it? They are very good to talk to, and, as you're thinking of regrading downwards and staying with them, they may be able to offer you a deal?

No,my current 24 month Big Fibre 2 deal (£36 per month) doesn't expire till September. Regrading down to Fibre 1 with a free router was one of my options but it's likely out of the running now. Don't personally like chasing people for a better deal than they currently advertise, I'll just look again in September.

In reply to a post by flilot:
I assume you have line rental with Zen also, because if you don't the price drops down to £22/month on Fibre 1. I'm also fairly certain you won't have to pay an activation fee for a regrade, as you are already "activated" on Zen.

I was originally on Zen Fibre 2 and I "regraded" to the Zen Big Deal Fibre 2 and I had to pay the £35 setup fee regardless (and I asked, as I didn't really want the router at the time).
Standard User Cheatman
(newbie) Sat 29-Jun-19 14:34:06
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Price for life doesn't mean price rises, just that all prices are fixed for life once signed up, even Ultrafast!

I appreciate that, but I can't sign up for a price that finishes a few months before my current Zen contract does.

The price for life doesn't apply to the Big Deal price of £36 for Fibre 2....My OP is just me venting my annoyance. It is what it is, at least I have a few months to look around.
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Jun-19 14:44:20
Print Post

I thought you could regrade at anytime so long as you took the new contract length.

Standard User andew
(member) Sat 29-Jun-19 15:16:35
Print Post

I did regrade before my contract finished. Took the 18 month option with a fritzbox router.
Standard User Cheatman
(newbie) Sat 29-Jun-19 15:32:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
I thought you could regrade at anytime so long as you took the new contract length.

Unfortunately not on the Big Deal at least, it is a 24 month contract and it basically says the option to modify your broadband is unavailable.

This was posted by Zen in reply to a blog comment on their price guarantee:-

Although Big Deal products are not covered by our guarantee, we certainly have no plans to increase the price. Of course, you'll also be able to switch to one of our lifetime price guarantee products at the end of your contract.

Just leaves a slightly bitter taste that the lifetime guarantee product I want to switch to has gone up so soon after launching that's all. I'll just wait to September and look at my options then.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Jun-19 10:39:37
Print Post

https://www.zen.co.uk/home/broadband/superfast-fibre Without line rental the 80/20 product is £28.99
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 30-Jun-19 11:19:10
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

And you still need to pay the line rental to someone, hence page saying 'Broadband only - I'll stay with my current provider'

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to