User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Sun 22-Sep-19 11:41:48
Print Post

Unlimited Fibre 1 back to £29.99 per month?

[link to this post]

Introductory page shows from £31.99.

However "find out more" shows £29.99.

I would be very disappointed at these variations up and then down again within a matter of 2 months as I missed out on the previous £29.99 pricing when I came out of my Big Deal during August.

However, do I automatically get a discount?

"As long as you stay with Zen, we promise there will be no price rises. Thatís a lifetime guarantee. Of course, this doesnít stop us reducing the price you pay, and we reserve the right to do so!*

Zen Unlimited Fibre 1 - 30/6

Edited by ToneDeaf (Sun 22-Sep-19 11:45:59)

Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Sep-19 06:31:13
Print Post

Re: Unlimited Fibre 1 back to £29.99 per month?

[re: ToneDeaf] [link to this post]

Thank you for the heads-up. When I went to the order page to upgrade an existing ADSL service, it did give the lower price, so I've ordered FTTC for there now smile

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Mon 23-Sep-19 13:17:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by ToneDeaf:
Introductory page shows from £31.99.

However "find out more" shows £29.99.

I would be very disappointed at these variations up and then down again within a matter of 2 months as I missed out on the previous £29.99 pricing when I came out of my Big Deal during August.

However, do I automatically get a discount?

"As long as you stay with Zen, we promise there will be no price rises. Thatís a lifetime guarantee. Of course, this doesnít stop us reducing the price you pay, and we reserve the right to do so!*

I wonder the same. I just came out of the Big Deal contract in August after two years. I then upgraded to the UL2 package on the 3rd September, with the perception that my line would give me a little more. A 12 month contract.

Unless I'm somehow calculating costs wrong, the UL2 package should also be cheaper.

So, I also wonder, I should be getting a discount too? Or are Zen going to say something along the lines of: "You signed up while the price was X so you have to pay that for a year."? I'm not really happy with Zen's price shifting back and forth. I feel cheated.

Tyger

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jax2
(member) Mon 23-Sep-19 20:19:42
Print Post

My son is in the process of joining Zen and had signed up only to discover the price difference so rang Zen up who moved him to the cheaper price.
He contacted my daughter who is also in the process of joinng Zen and had also started the process at the higher price. After a phone call to Zen they will also drop her to the lower price.

I have also come to the end of my Big Deal contract so had a look at what is available. The 80/20 package is £1 cheaper than what I am paying but there is an admin fee of £19.99 so would take 20 months to break even. However when I enter my details in the "see what is available for you " box the prices jump up by £10!
I am on fttp but even on the 150 and 330 packages which are fttp only the same jump happens so not sure if being on fttp is the reason or what????
I think I will ring them tomorrow to see what gives.
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Mon 23-Sep-19 21:34:13
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

For Unlimited Fibre 1 the £19.99 is described as an "activation fee" and this was waived for me as I was already connected to Fibre 1 and was simply renewing the same product for another 12 months.

I would like to find out why the product price was raised by £2 for only 2 months and then dropped again to the previous level.

Standard User Jax2
(member) Tue 24-Sep-19 10:03:29
Print Post

Rang Zen this morning.

Seems they are now charging more for FTTP than for FTTC.
Fibre 2 for FTTC customers is £34.99 including phone line.
Fibre 2 for FTTP customers is £49.99 including phone line.
If ordered without phone line is £38.99.

That's a heck of a jump just for the privilege of using "more modern technology" to quote the sales lady.
So I am obviously staying with my present Big Deal contract of £36 which includes line rental (I need a landline).
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Tue 24-Sep-19 16:53:00
Print Post

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

I've emailed Zen billing about this. After the end of my Big Deal contract I upgraded on the 3rd Sept to UL2 along with my £6.51pm unlimited call package to standard UK numbers.

I've calculated that the cost of this should be £41.51 inc. VAT. I appear to be paying £45.49 Inc VAT, so I sent a query on this to Zen Billing a few minutes ago.

I also put their statement in the email: "As long as you stay with Zen, we promise there will be no price rises. Thatís a lifetime guarantee. Of course, this doesnít stop us reducing the price you pay, and we reserve the right to do so!Ē

I'll probably get some smart answer back about " that's only for new customers..blah" or something.

Tyger

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Tue 24-Sep-19 19:22:35
Print Post

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

Keep us updated with Zen's reply to you.

I also await a reply from my query submitted via the web email form.

I note that the website front page has been updated today to reflect Superfast from £29.99

Standard User GonePostal
(member) Wed 25-Sep-19 18:17:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jax2:
So I am obviously staying with my present Big Deal contract of £36 which includes line rental (I need a landline).

Just out of curiosity do you need the landline because you have some technology that needs the copper connection or do you need to retain your landline number because of the contact people need to have with you?

If the latter, could you port your number to a VOIP supplier and do away with the landline? Not sure of VOIP costs but it may save some money.
Standard User Jax2
(member) Wed 25-Sep-19 18:46:58
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Several things here.

I do need to retain my landline number.

Leaving my Big Deal contract would actually cost more each month for Broadband only without a landline than I am paying at the moment for the same speed of Broadband connection with a landline. Then the VOIP costs on top. That would make no sense.

Mobile is a none starter as the signal with all providers is very poor, ranging from completely unobtainable to in one place in one room.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to