User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pablo_Pablovski
(regular) Fri 27-Sep-19 22:25:29
Print Post

Re: Unlimited Fibre 1 back to £29.99 per month?

[re: ToneDeaf] [link to this post]

I recommitted to a 12mth contract for UF1 on 31st August, having been a Zen customer since 2007.

When I saw your thread yesterday, I got onto Zen. The helpful sales guy acknowledged I was eligible for the new pricing, so he put me straight onto a new, new 12mth deal, backdated to 18th September (when the new pricing was released).

I even got a £2 credit note.

So, it seems we need to ask for the new pricing, it doesn't arrive automatically.

ZeN
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Sat 28-Sep-19 06:58:22
Print Post

[re: Pablo_Pablovski] [link to this post]

Your situation is pretty much the same as mine,

I have also been a customer since 2007 and also recommitted to a new UF1 contract in August.

However, Zen appear slow to respond to questions posed via their web email form so I will also make that call!

Zen Unlimited Fibre 1 - 30/6
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Sat 28-Sep-19 15:15:37
Print Post

Same here. I emailed them on the 24th. I still haven't had a reply. I'll be phoning them on Monday.

Tyger

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 28-Sep-19 17:29:17
Print Post

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

It is a waste of time emailing Zen.

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (gone downhill)
Standard User Jax2
(member) Sun 29-Sep-19 19:29:26
Print Post

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

I agree that the best (only) way to deal with Zen is by phone.

I think legally Zen would be well within their rights to have said to people who had started a new contract in August to say that the price when they signed on was £** so tough luck a contract is a contract so I think they have been very fair allowing folks to go to the new lower price.
(regular) Mon 30-Sep-19 04:55:57
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jax2:
I agree that the best (only) way to deal with Zen is by phone.

I think legally Zen would be well within their rights to have said to people who had started a new contract in August to say that the price when they signed on was £** so tough luck a contract is a contract so I think they have been very fair allowing folks to go to the new lower price.

As may be Jax2, but their own statement is:

"As long as you stay with Zen, we promise there will be no price rises. Thatís a lifetime guarantee. Of course, this doesnít stop us reducing the price you pay, and we reserve the right to do so!" That to me sounds stronger than inflexibility on the part of Zen.

I haven't been on the phone to Zen yet. If they said "No" to to me, a customer of 15 years, well that means I am in contract for another year at a higher price. If so then I can leave for another ISP and never come back. Then I can give Zen 0 out of 5 on every review website on the Net. They would lose a lot more money than if they reduced the price.

I think they should reduce the price, for me and for others.

I'm saying all of this without an email response from them (why have email if you don't respond)? Also Zen billing are not yet open at the time of writing. So the results could be straightforward and positive for me.

Tyger.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Mon 30-Sep-19 07:58:08
Print Post

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

Totally agree with the comments here.

They would get more kudos from me if they automatically reduced my price OR alerted me to the fact there had been a price change and invited me to call.

Why have an online web form for contact if they struggle to manage it. Get rid of it and just state that they deal with calls only.

I would question the business ethics of raising a price for 2 months, then lowering it again and refusing to consider those who contracted at the higher price. Therefore some credit to Zen if they are indeed reducing pricing to those who enquire.

Finally, I note a lack of comment from Zen reps on this forum recently and would have liked to see some clarity on this topic as has been offered in the past.

Zen Unlimited Fibre 1 - 30/6

Edited by ToneDeaf (Mon 30-Sep-19 08:02:48)

(regular) Mon 30-Sep-19 09:37:19
Print Post

Rightyoh....! I phoned Zen. They reduced my price to what I wanted, £34.99 for UL2 and £6.51 for unlimited calls to UK standard numbers.

They gave me a credit note of £8.87 that runs back to the 2nd September when I first started my new 12 month UL2 Contract. The contract itself is from 2nd Sept 2019 to 1st Sept 2020

My next bill this month will reflect the cheaper advertised cost and some less with the credit note added in back to the 2nd Sept. I asked him to apply it to my next bill.

Very helpful, no problems at all. I advise phoning rather than email. Also the (sub)department you want to speak to is Zen Retentions.

You might just want to ask for them straight away, as after explaining this to billing she then said I had to talk to them. I asked her to fill them in on the situation.

She then put me on hold, explained the situation, I then spoke to retentions and it was all sorted in a few minutes.

All well and done, and I'm happy, but if they had answered my e-mail of the 24th of Sept, or just automatically reduced the cost, it would have been less time and hassle for all laugh

Tyger.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 10-Oct-19 15:20:58
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jax2:
Rang Zen this morning.

Seems they are now charging more for FTTP than for FTTC.
Fibre 2 for FTTC customers is £34.99 including phone line.
Fibre 2 for FTTP customers is £49.99 including phone line.
If ordered without phone line is £38.99.

That's a heck of a jump just for the privilege of using "more modern technology" to quote the sales lady.
So I am obviously staying with my present Big Deal contract of £36 which includes line rental (I need a landline).

Thats reasonable.

From zen's side, everyone on FTTP will connect at the maximum speed, there is no variance. This in turn means they need more backhaul to support those higher speeds, and backhaul costs money.

From the consumer side its normal for companies to charge a premium for what is considered a premium product, even if it doesnt accurately reflect costs.

So I expect a mixture of the two is a factor.

The zen FTTC pricing is outstanding, its circa £20 a month less than sky broadband, but is a much more techy isp, with proper ipv6 support etc. That outstanding price is probably making the FTTP price look worse than it is.

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 10-Oct-19 15:23:09)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to