User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Fri 11-Oct-19 18:32:38
Print Post

Re: Would you (still) recommend Zen ?

[re: bigbadpirate] [link to this post]

Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Mon 14-Oct-19 18:30:45
Print Post

can i just say here now that zen internet belive that the think broadband tools are not reliable. mr saffron your tools are rubbish there you have it.

want voice rcorded uploads?

there is no packetloss. it didnt happen.

now i have a tech support guy telling me they think they deleted data from a test from earler today, delete data after 72 hours pro stragegy eh.. lol. zen your a packetloss waiting to happen. last phone call it was 2 weeks.

all recorded.

while gaming i have a LOT of missiles bulllets etc going"missing" thinkbroadband monitor shows my packetloss at a considerable level. zen tech cant see it, zero. anyone have explanations?

i have ping graphs of places i play to showing a massive jitter sstarting within their own network. way above what they are telling me. WAY above.

they are stating max 50 where i have evidence of anying up to 200.

two options. what do i do?

i'm less than 2 hours away would you drive there? insist on taking to someone in charge.or do i knock on a directors door. and possibly upset his family?

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 14-Oct-19 19:17:03)

Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Oct-19 19:52:48
Print Post

[re: jtevans] [link to this post]

Is Zen still providing good performance and good support service?

I don't know about the support. Because I never need it.

The service just works - day after day - year after year. Been with them since Concorde was in service.

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
Mobile:- EE PAYG - TP-Link Archer MR200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Oct-19 21:18:00
Print Post

Not using a fritzbox router by any chance? They have a habit of showing packet loss when there is none i.e. they ignore the repetitive monitoring

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kebabselector
(committed) Tue 15-Oct-19 13:31:09
Print Post

Still very happy with Zen. It's been a stable reliable connection with the varying technologies for the last 15 or so years.

Might give their FTTP a try next year once my Big Deal promotion ends.

Zen: 77mb down - 20mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50
Standard User stephengw
(newbie) Wed 16-Oct-19 07:00:29
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

I'm into my 6th consecutive year with Zen and I've lost track of how many years I've been with them, at previous addresses. I don't experience slow down in the evenings and on the couple of occassions I've needed to speak to them, their technical support people are very good.

They're not the cheapest, but they are reliable and for my partner who runs her Graphic Design business from home, this is critical.
Standard User Ripley
(experienced) Wed 16-Oct-19 07:10:20
Print Post

[re: stephengw] [link to this post]

Hi just in the process of moving back to them, was a customer for 10 years then decided to try something else.

Decision was to move back upon renewal

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN --> Vodaphone
Draytek 2820

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-19 09:13:47
Print Post

If you want to play a premium for customer support itís worth it. If not then itís not worth it. A mass market isp will work fine 99% of the time.
Standard User flilot
(learned) Wed 16-Oct-19 12:13:28
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sandgrounder:
Been with them since Concorde was in service.

Hmm. No consumer Internet in 1976, no Zen either. wink

Carl
(elder) Wed 16-Oct-19 12:23:40
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

No PCs either, apart from the sort we used to see on the streets. As far as I recall, the acronym didn't exist until IBM came out with their Personal Computer, which was soon abbreviated.

There were many other micro-computers as they were then known, running various OS's, and ARPANET.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to