User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jtevans
(committed) Wed 30-Oct-19 18:07:56
Print Post

Re: Would you (still) recommend Zen ?

[re: ashdown] [link to this post]

@ashdown

Thanks for the posting and thanks to others who have made comments both + and -.

Have had some changes made to my existing line and wanted to see how it stabilised before jumping ship from existing provider. As per my original post, with a move to Zen, I can save money, move from ADSL2+ to VDSL and get a new router similar to the four year old Fritzbox I already use.

As long as the line is stable as reported here my requirements are very modest; no gaming just occasional TV and big W10 updates smile - I won't get more than 20Mbps out in the sticks.

As I use a Fritzbox and run both IPv4 and IPv6 BQMs I was interested in the ping loss discussion. Interestingly, the 4 graph shows loss even over-night when there is no other traffic; the 6 graph is clean. [That is not Zen! but it is a Fritzbox (7390)]

Jim Evans
Cheshire
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sun 03-Nov-19 17:09:20
Print Post

[re: jtevans] [link to this post]

Am a little late to the party for the OP but for the benefit of anyone else seeing this thread ut's a resounding yes from me.

They are absolutely the best ISP I have used (see my history in my sig)

I left the first time just because at the time they were still at the mercy of BT's then agressive DLM but moved back when they unbundled the exchange (had a 3 km line)

The service just works and if it breaks they tend to be on the case pretty quickly.

The decision to switch to FTTP with them was a no brainer really, used to have interference issues with the ADSL in December each year dur to cheap adapters being used.

Been back with them over 5 years and unless there's major price hike I'm not likely to switch.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 3490
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Wed 06-Nov-19 19:14:58
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

lets keep this in the pubilc domain shall we, you know every convesation has been recorded and i am at some point comming after some recompence.

now are you still testing and pinging my router? or have you solved the problem that i belive was always in your company? you know who i am of course, right? pm me ill tell you.

zero info from jon or anyone else from zen, but i guess you know whats comming right?

ajays. we'll see you in court. with or without the info you were gathering.

i dare you to have that monitor running from now until the 28th. its 19.57 on the 6th of nov.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Wed 06-Nov-19 19:57:42)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Nov-19 20:04:55
Print Post

[re: bigbadpirate] [link to this post]

Too late now,

but telling any customer service rep 'you'll see them in court' pretty much cuts off any public form of help, since they will want to ensure that a paper trail exists for everything said and done in communications with a customer from that point forward.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Wed 06-Nov-19 23:15:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

still waiting on what we (myself and zen) argeed on when i took your tester offline. let's see how that stands up.

problem was all with them in the first place anyway. when you lie to a customer you beter do it right and don't get caught.

took money off me too for them logs.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Wed 06-Nov-19 23:19:39)

Standard User MoM
(newbie) Wed 06-Nov-19 23:30:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by bigbadpirate:
took money off me too for them logs.

They charged you? To get log of what? blush

Edited by MoM (Wed 06-Nov-19 23:46:25)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Nov-19 00:13:55
Print Post

ajays. we'll see you in court. with or without the info you were gathering.
You could very well lose. That could be expensive, even in the Small Claims Court.
If you lose your small claims court case you may have to pay the other side's costs, but only if the other side ask the court for them to be paid and the judge agrees. You'll also have to keep to the terms of any court orders that the judge makes against you.
Those terms could also extend to future derogatory comments in places such as Twitter and Facebook.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Thu 07-Nov-19 12:20:27
Print Post

.... you know who i am of course, right? pm me ill tell you....

....ajays. we'll see you in court. with or without the info you were gathering....

I'm afraid I do not know who you are, I do not know your name or account details. And, I wouldn't suggest that you post them on a public forum.

As you've suggested you wish to take legal action, I think its sensible to allow things to progress through our official support channels.

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with our service and sorry that I've been unable to help you here.

Best Regards,

Andrew

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RichTea23
(regular) Fri 08-Nov-19 14:06:51
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

I have been with Zen since I think 2004, there has been only a small number of incidents in all that time and they have always been resolver quickly.

I am not a gamer but do run a load of service from home they have always worked well I really like that they will give you a /29 as it makes running the service much simpler. I also like that they do not mess with with your traffic (AFAIK they only block a few ports that should not be running on the public internet anyway).

Its also nice to have an ISP who believe in and fight for privacy an neutrality on the internet.

Various (Dile up) -> clara.net (Dile up) -> TELE2 (Microwave) -> ZeN (ADSL) -> ZeN (vDSL)
Standard User MercuryRH2
(newbie) Sat 09-Nov-19 10:44:47
Print Post

[re: RichTea23] [link to this post]

I have been with Zen for just over a year - was Demon before Vodafone quietly took them out and executed them - and they have been absolutely first rate.

I have an issue running at present where the landline has failed and an Openreach ‘engineer’ came out last week to fix it, failed and then disconnected our other perfectly serviceable line leaving the connectors on the ground and just went off without a word. So not only did the ‘engineer’ fail to sort one problem but then created a second issue and quietly left the site. Talk about unprofessional!

Zen are doing everything they can to get this sorted whereas Openreach and BT are an absolute shambles. It’s going to be days before anyone can come back, no one can escalate (or is willing too) and they want someone on site even though the problem is external (a big air gap in the wiring between the Openreach riser pairs and the house pair.

The support team at Zen are in contact twice a day to let me know what (little) Openreach are doing. Definitely recommended. They are like Demon used to be 20 years ago before Thus! got their paws on them.

My parents also use Zen and again have had nothing but really good customer service all the way through from order to service provision.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to