User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jtevans
(member) Wed 09-Oct-19 14:40:59
Print Post

Would you (still) recommend Zen ?

[link to this post]

It is time to change ISP. Is Zen still providing good performance and good support service? There are some very negative comments at TrustPilot recently.

Their £22 per month for unlimited FTTC, a fixed IP4 Address, and a new FritzBox router are all very attractive. At this time I do not want their telephone service.

I already use a FritzBox 7390 for its IPv6 and VOIP/DECT support. Getting a fixed IP and up-to-date router is a big pull. It's just the negative comments that are off-putting. Any FTTC performance will be limited by 900m to the cabinet and possibly by cross-talk on the local line, but it has to be better than ADSL2+ at 2.2km which, for stability, maintains a 13dB SNR downstream margin.

Jim Evans
Cheshire
Standard User AndrewNi
(regular) Wed 09-Oct-19 15:14:30
Print Post

Re: Would you (still) recommend Zen ?

[re: jtevans] [link to this post]

I think so. I've been on their DSL product for over 9 years now, and that's been running nicely for (I'd guesstimate) over 95% of that time. I haven't contacted support for many years though, so I don't know how that is these days.

The IPv6 support also works really well. I think you still have to opt-in to it though.

I was looking at moving to their FTTC service, but I don't think I'm allowed because clause 3.4 of the T&Cs suggests the telephone line has to be in my name. It belongs to another family member. Therefore I can't commend Zen on that. (I only mention this because you also don't want their telephone service.)
Standard User sidef
(learned) Wed 09-Oct-19 16:23:33
Print Post

I have been with them for over 5 years and know of 2 others with them. We have all had faults in that time, but it was Openreach equipment that was to blame. Each time, we were always kept fully informed and the faults repaired within hours.

My broadband was down - no sync on router - when I got up this am. I reported it 0800 when the support desk was open. Within 5 minutes they had confirmed that the FTTC cabinet in the village had lost power - checking my BQM, looks like the cabinet died at midnight when the batteries went flat. Zen had already reported it to OR when they rang me back after carrying out more checks their end.

By 11am, it was back on, SSE having replaced a section of power cable in the verge. Top marks, to Zen for the info, OR for getting SSE out swiftly, and SSE for the quick repair.

Interestingly my line is currently showing 1.5dB noise margin on the download and therefore a couple of Megs more speed. It had been stable at 2.5dB for over a year. I kept my router powered up during the outage (its on UPS) and I guess it was therefore the first to establish sync. I expect the DLM will probably resync overnight though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flilot
(learned) Thu 10-Oct-19 02:10:45
Print Post

In a very short and simple word, yes.

Carl
(member) Thu 10-Oct-19 07:30:22
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

Thanks AndrewNI, sidef and flilot for those positive comments and detail. I'll be making a decision in the next few days. I have always liked to put my business with smaller companies and have had good experience with my choices. It looks like that should continue with Zen.

Jim Evans
Cheshire
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Thu 10-Oct-19 17:47:08
Print Post

"Their £22 per month for unlimited FTTC"

?????

Zen's minimum FTTC pricing is £29.99 per month plus the £19.99 activation fee to be included for new customers.

Zen Unlimited Fibre 1 - 30/6
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Oct-19 21:00:37
Print Post

[re: ToneDeaf] [link to this post]

£22 for Unlimited Fibre 1 if you elect to keep your phone line with another provider, which is what the OP wants to do.
Standard User jtevans
(committed) Fri 11-Oct-19 10:02:47
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Thanks. That was my interpretation too.

Jim Evans
Cheshire
Standard User bigbadpirate
(member) Fri 11-Oct-19 18:26:35
Print Post

[re: AndrewNi] [link to this post]

no way just talked to chris whos going to set up a monitor yet again. promised a call back from duty manager tomorrow.................

rubbish company. needs to be taught a lesson.
(member) Fri 11-Oct-19 18:31:08
Print Post

[re: bigbadpirate] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bigbadpirate:
no way just talked to chris whos going to set up a monitor yet again. promised a call back from duty manager tomorrow.................lets see .

rubbish company. needs to be taught a lesson. one way or another.
(member) Fri 11-Oct-19 18:32:38
Print Post

(member) Mon 14-Oct-19 18:30:45
Print Post

can i just say here now that zen internet belive that the think broadband tools are not reliable. mr saffron your tools are rubbish there you have it.

want voice rcorded uploads?

there is no packetloss. it didnt happen.

now i have a tech support guy telling me they think they deleted data from a test from earler today, delete data after 72 hours pro stragegy eh.. lol. zen your a packetloss waiting to happen. last phone call it was 2 weeks.

all recorded.

while gaming i have a LOT of missiles bulllets etc going"missing" thinkbroadband monitor shows my packetloss at a considerable level. zen tech cant see it, zero. anyone have explanations?

i have ping graphs of places i play to showing a massive jitter sstarting within their own network. way above what they are telling me. WAY above.

they are stating max 50 where i have evidence of anying up to 200.

two options. what do i do?

i'm less than 2 hours away would you drive there? insist on taking to someone in charge.or do i knock on a directors door. and possibly upset his family?

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 14-Oct-19 19:17:03)

Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Oct-19 19:52:48
Print Post

Is Zen still providing good performance and good support service?

I don't know about the support. Because I never need it.

The service just works - day after day - year after year. Been with them since Concorde was in service.

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
Mobile:- EE PAYG - TP-Link Archer MR200
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Oct-19 21:18:00
Print Post

Not using a fritzbox router by any chance? They have a habit of showing packet loss when there is none i.e. they ignore the repetitive monitoring

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kebabselector
(committed) Tue 15-Oct-19 13:31:09
Print Post

Still very happy with Zen. It's been a stable reliable connection with the varying technologies for the last 15 or so years.

Might give their FTTP a try next year once my Big Deal promotion ends.

Zen: 77mb down - 20mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50
Standard User stephengw
(newbie) Wed 16-Oct-19 07:00:29
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

I'm into my 6th consecutive year with Zen and I've lost track of how many years I've been with them, at previous addresses. I don't experience slow down in the evenings and on the couple of occassions I've needed to speak to them, their technical support people are very good.

They're not the cheapest, but they are reliable and for my partner who runs her Graphic Design business from home, this is critical.
Standard User Ripley
(experienced) Wed 16-Oct-19 07:10:20
Print Post

[re: stephengw] [link to this post]

Hi just in the process of moving back to them, was a customer for 10 years then decided to try something else.

Decision was to move back upon renewal

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN --> Vodaphone
Draytek 2820

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-19 09:13:47
Print Post

If you want to play a premium for customer support it’s worth it. If not then it’s not worth it. A mass market isp will work fine 99% of the time.
Standard User flilot
(learned) Wed 16-Oct-19 12:13:28
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sandgrounder:
Been with them since Concorde was in service.

Hmm. No consumer Internet in 1976, no Zen either. wink

Carl
(elder) Wed 16-Oct-19 12:23:40
Print Post

No PCs either, apart from the sort we used to see on the streets. As far as I recall, the acronym didn't exist until IBM came out with their Personal Computer, which was soon abbreviated.

There were many other micro-computers as they were then known, running various OS's, and ARPANET.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User recalluk
(newbie) Wed 16-Oct-19 15:50:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Not using a fritzbox router by any chance? They have a habit of showing packet loss when there is none i.e. they ignore the repetitive monitoring

Exactly the issue I saw a little while back .. variable jitter and packet loss on Fritz Router - Swapped to billion and was fine.

The Fritz seem to deliberatly drop ping traffic, I am presuming due to low priority.

Can you run ask a friend to run pingplotter from a remote location for a good while see if it tallies with the packet loss you see in the monitor.

In my case 99% of the time the drop was on the router interface (final hop) and the actual network was clean.

Edited by recalluk (Wed 16-Oct-19 15:54:49)

(member) Wed 16-Oct-19 21:38:00
Print Post

yes it's a fritzbox, what im seeing is at a guess it's your monitor. its packetloss - thinkbroadband. zen have on a few occasions now turned on thier/ or refused to turn of their smoke ping monitor at my request.

your monitor shows me exactly what i need to see. i only come back to look at it if im having problems and your monitor confirms that. packet loss. lets not mention ping jitter that starts within their network.

it's a fritzbox i purchased from zen btw. was having these problems with a thomson router coupled with a bto white box.

what are you saying, they sold me garbage?

when in essence there was nothing wrong with what i had.

email to tech support tonight at 6.30ish please turn off your ping tests. 2 replys later from tech support and the ping test is still running.

mr saffron i don't know if your able to but just look at how long they have had these tests running. look at just after they stopped running them and just before. i have threatened them with small claims tbh. that was when they refused to turn off their tests knowing full well it would interfere with the monitor thats run on this site.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Wed 16-Oct-19 22:13:04)

(member) Wed 16-Oct-19 22:01:40
Print Post

[re: recalluk] [link to this post]

so again they sold me garbage? maybe im reading this wrong? SUPPOSEDLY quality isp selling someone this.

john from tech support i'll take up your offer on that "free" new router you offerd me. i'll ebay it and buy something decent.

[censored].

tracerts show 15-70 all starting within their network btw. as rick royal would say quality isp my [censored].

i'll be on the phone in the morning.might even drive over..

Edited by bigbadpirate (Wed 16-Oct-19 22:16:05)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Oct-19 23:42:40
Print Post

You misunderstand both their points.

The pings sent by the ThinkBroadband BQM are not priority traffic.

The Fritzbox is known to ignore the BQM pings which show as packet loss on the BQM. They can do this more so under heavy load (using your connection in other words).

It might indeed be packet loss, but the Fritzbox isn't the best device to test this on for the reason above.

It doesn't make them garbage devices though.

If you have another device you could substitute the Fritzbox for that could rule out what's mentioned in the 2 previous posts.
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Thu 17-Oct-19 13:33:01
Print Post

To help protect from Ping Flood attacks the FRITZ!Box ignores ICMP echo-requests (pings) if it receives too many within a short period of time.

BQM alone will not trigger this. But if the router is receiving ping requests from more than one source then ICMP echo-requests may be ignored. e.g. BQM and our own line monitoring. This will look like packet loss on t he BQM graph.

A Ping Flood attack aims to overwhelm the targeted device’s ability to respond to the high number of requests or overload the network connection with bogus traffic.

The Ping flood attack may be mitigated by disabling the ICMP functionality of the targeted router. This is because an ICMP request requires some resources to process each request and to send a response. The request also requires bandwidth on both the incoming message and outgoing response. When the FRITZ!Box stops responding it is eliminating both the processing of the request and the Echo Reply.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Oct-19 14:18:56
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

@ajays,

I am still considering Zen as an option. We have had several posts on here about poor single thread speeds over the last 12 months (indeed I was impacted on my IDNet line when they had me on Zen backhaul), but all seems to have gone relatively quiet over the last few months.

Has the single thread speed issue been finally put to bed?
Standard User recalluk
(newbie) Thu 17-Oct-19 14:57:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
@ajays,

I am still considering Zen as an option. We have had several posts on here about poor single thread speeds over the last 12 months (indeed I was impacted on my IDNet line when they had me on Zen backhaul), but all seems to have gone relatively quiet over the last few months.

Has the single thread speed issue been finally put to bed?

Have for me .. mine was sorted back a while back.
Standard User recalluk
(newbie) Thu 17-Oct-19 14:59:42
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:

The Fritzbox is known to ignore the BQM pings which show as packet loss on the BQM. They can do this more so under heavy load (using your connection in other words).

It might indeed be packet loss, but the Fritzbox isn't the best device to test this on for the reason above.

If you have another device you could substitute the Fritzbox for that could rule out what's mentioned in the 2 previous posts.

On other words if the behaviour I suggested is what you are seeing then its doing exactly what you should and protecting you.

Thats why I suggested ping plotter from a remote location in.
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Thu 17-Oct-19 15:10:41
Print Post

In short the answer is yes. The problem was resolved some time back.

But, don't take my word for it take a look at the analysis of single download versus multiple download speeds from thinkbroadband's speed tests here:-

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8541-streaming-p...

Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Oct-19 22:30:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by ajays:
In short the answer is yes. The problem was resolved some time back.

But, don't take my word for it take a look at the analysis of single download versus multiple download speeds from thinkbroadband's speed tests here:-

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8541-streaming-p...

Thanks. Good to know.
(member) Fri 18-Oct-19 18:31:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by ajays:
To help protect from Ping Flood attacks the FRITZ!Box ignores ICMP echo-requests (pings) if it receives too many within a short period of time.

BQM alone will not trigger this. But if the router is receiving ping requests from more than one source then ICMP echo-requests may be ignored. e.g. BQM and our own line monitoring. This will look like packet loss on t he BQM graph.

A Ping Flood attack aims to overwhelm the targeted device’s ability to respond to the high number of requests or overload the network connection with bogus traffic.

The Ping flood attack may be mitigated by disabling the ICMP functionality of the targeted router. This is because an ICMP request requires some resources to process each request and to send a response. The request also requires bandwidth on both the incoming message and outgoing response. When the FRITZ!Box stops responding it is eliminating both the processing of the request and the Echo Reply.

you think i don't know that. lets move onto something i suggessted to zen. a way for me to see who was pinging(etc) my router since they supplied me with a route that didnt like that idea at all. "we will send you a router" ...............as long as you dont change the settings.

hmmmmmmmmmm
(member) Fri 18-Oct-19 18:40:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by recalluk:

On other words if the behaviour I suggested is what you are seeing then its doing exactly what you should and protecting you.

Thats why I suggested ping plotter from a remote location in.

thank you its going on right now. lets put this out there. they know its them and they don't want a small claims. ongoing. i could speculate where they grabbed the throughput gain that im now seeing. thats for the ICO to decided. its my data from start to finish. it's what i pay for. record all you like, stream it thotongue somone going to pay for this.

look for another isp if you want honesty and integrity. time manchester police drug tested orly.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Fri 18-Oct-19 19:04:33)

ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 18-Oct-19 19:25:59
Print Post

Thanks for being so engaged and providing feedback. I really do appreciate the feedback we get from customers. Without customer feedback it would be impossible for us to continue to improve our products.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for or suggesting but it sounds interesting so I'd love to here more. If you PM me your contact details I'll happily give you a call or drop you an email.

Best regards

Andrew
Senior Broadband Product Manager

Andrew
ZeN Internet
Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Fri 18-Oct-19 19:47:27
Print Post

I don't understand what is being asked for either, because a large proportion of it is total gibberish.smile
Standard User ashdown
(newbie) Fri 18-Oct-19 20:38:31
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

Returning to the topic... I'm a recent refugee from Virgin Media and I'm really very impressed with how it's gone with Zen, from order-taking to installation of a new line to provision of an IPv6 allocation. It's all been very smooth, keeping the customer informed at every stage. Zen know what they're doing and they do it very well, so, yes, I'd certainly recommend them.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Oct-19 20:58:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by flilot:
In reply to a post by Sandgrounder:
Been with them since Concorde was in service.

Hmm. No consumer Internet in 1976, no Zen either. wink
Concorde was only withdrawn from service in 2003. Almost 16 years ago to the day in fact.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User beefcakechipz
(newbie) Sat 19-Oct-19 07:24:28
Print Post

Well Zen is only 12 month deal then you can move if you dont like wink
Standard User jack8
(experienced) Sun 20-Oct-19 13:53:14
Print Post

Yes I would been with them for a long time and they handled my house move with no issues, they just work

1664 the best year
(member) Mon 28-Oct-19 21:26:01
Print Post

zen have not done as they agreed.

i was more than happy to take down think broadbands monitor, we (myself and an employee of zen internet) agreed i would be sent daily graphs from all the information they gathered. that has not been the case. tonight i asked for that information to be sent to me. i got 3 graphs back. weekly graphs that show packetloss btw(exactly what i first complained about many moons ago). all from the same week. i specificaly asked for daily graphs that were agreed to when i took thinkbroardbands monitor down. this is all voice recorded from my end as well as their. they didnt provide them.

the second i put the phone down errors i was having with connecting to steam resolved. and i dont mean 2 seconds or 30 seconds later. it was to the second.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Mon 28-Oct-19 21:37:15)

(member) Mon 28-Oct-19 21:47:59
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

im not a dick. neither are they, they know exactly whats wrong.. they offered a new router free in last couple of weeks., i refused. this problem has been going on way too long and over many years over many iterations of hardware.

like i told them they can keep the monitor running as long as they like (within reason) when they stop it and they dont get to the bottom of the problem i will solve it. and they will pay for it if i can make that happen. it's as simple as that.
Standard User jtevans
(committed) Wed 30-Oct-19 18:07:56
Print Post

[re: ashdown] [link to this post]

@ashdown

Thanks for the posting and thanks to others who have made comments both + and -.

Have had some changes made to my existing line and wanted to see how it stabilised before jumping ship from existing provider. As per my original post, with a move to Zen, I can save money, move from ADSL2+ to VDSL and get a new router similar to the four year old Fritzbox I already use.

As long as the line is stable as reported here my requirements are very modest; no gaming just occasional TV and big W10 updates smile - I won't get more than 20Mbps out in the sticks.

As I use a Fritzbox and run both IPv4 and IPv6 BQMs I was interested in the ping loss discussion. Interestingly, the 4 graph shows loss even over-night when there is no other traffic; the 6 graph is clean. [That is not Zen! but it is a Fritzbox (7390)]

Jim Evans
Cheshire
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sun 03-Nov-19 17:09:20
Print Post

Am a little late to the party for the OP but for the benefit of anyone else seeing this thread ut's a resounding yes from me.

They are absolutely the best ISP I have used (see my history in my sig)

I left the first time just because at the time they were still at the mercy of BT's then agressive DLM but moved back when they unbundled the exchange (had a 3 km line)

The service just works and if it breaks they tend to be on the case pretty quickly.

The decision to switch to FTTP with them was a no brainer really, used to have interference issues with the ADSL in December each year dur to cheap adapters being used.

Been back with them over 5 years and unless there's major price hike I'm not likely to switch.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 3490
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
(member) Wed 06-Nov-19 19:14:58
Print Post

lets keep this in the pubilc domain shall we, you know every convesation has been recorded and i am at some point comming after some recompence.

now are you still testing and pinging my router? or have you solved the problem that i belive was always in your company? you know who i am of course, right? pm me ill tell you.

zero info from jon or anyone else from zen, but i guess you know whats comming right?

ajays. we'll see you in court. with or without the info you were gathering.

i dare you to have that monitor running from now until the 28th. its 19.57 on the 6th of nov.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Wed 06-Nov-19 19:57:42)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Nov-19 20:04:55
Print Post

Too late now,

but telling any customer service rep 'you'll see them in court' pretty much cuts off any public form of help, since they will want to ensure that a paper trail exists for everything said and done in communications with a customer from that point forward.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Wed 06-Nov-19 23:15:32
Print Post

still waiting on what we (myself and zen) argeed on when i took your tester offline. let's see how that stands up.

problem was all with them in the first place anyway. when you lie to a customer you beter do it right and don't get caught.

took money off me too for them logs.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Wed 06-Nov-19 23:19:39)

Standard User MoM
(newbie) Wed 06-Nov-19 23:30:45
Print Post

took money off me too for them logs.

They charged you? To get log of what? blush

Edited by MoM (Wed 06-Nov-19 23:46:25)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Nov-19 00:13:55
Print Post

ajays. we'll see you in court. with or without the info you were gathering.
You could very well lose. That could be expensive, even in the Small Claims Court.
If you lose your small claims court case you may have to pay the other side's costs, but only if the other side ask the court for them to be paid and the judge agrees. You'll also have to keep to the terms of any court orders that the judge makes against you.
Those terms could also extend to future derogatory comments in places such as Twitter and Facebook.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Thu 07-Nov-19 12:20:27
Print Post

.... you know who i am of course, right? pm me ill tell you....

....ajays. we'll see you in court. with or without the info you were gathering....

I'm afraid I do not know who you are, I do not know your name or account details. And, I wouldn't suggest that you post them on a public forum.

As you've suggested you wish to take legal action, I think its sensible to allow things to progress through our official support channels.

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with our service and sorry that I've been unable to help you here.

Best Regards,

Andrew

Andrew
ZeN Internet
Standard User RichTea23
(regular) Fri 08-Nov-19 14:06:51
Print Post

I have been with Zen since I think 2004, there has been only a small number of incidents in all that time and they have always been resolver quickly.

I am not a gamer but do run a load of service from home they have always worked well I really like that they will give you a /29 as it makes running the service much simpler. I also like that they do not mess with with your traffic (AFAIK they only block a few ports that should not be running on the public internet anyway).

Its also nice to have an ISP who believe in and fight for privacy an neutrality on the internet.

Various (Dile up) -> clara.net (Dile up) -> TELE2 (Microwave) -> ZeN (ADSL) -> ZeN (vDSL)
Standard User MercuryRH2
(newbie) Sat 09-Nov-19 10:44:47
Print Post

[re: RichTea23] [link to this post]

I have been with Zen for just over a year - was Demon before Vodafone quietly took them out and executed them - and they have been absolutely first rate.

I have an issue running at present where the landline has failed and an Openreach ‘engineer’ came out last week to fix it, failed and then disconnected our other perfectly serviceable line leaving the connectors on the ground and just went off without a word. So not only did the ‘engineer’ fail to sort one problem but then created a second issue and quietly left the site. Talk about unprofessional!

Zen are doing everything they can to get this sorted whereas Openreach and BT are an absolute shambles. It’s going to be days before anyone can come back, no one can escalate (or is willing too) and they want someone on site even though the problem is external (a big air gap in the wiring between the Openreach riser pairs and the house pair.

The support team at Zen are in contact twice a day to let me know what (little) Openreach are doing. Definitely recommended. They are like Demon used to be 20 years ago before Thus! got their paws on them.

My parents also use Zen and again have had nothing but really good customer service all the way through from order to service provision.
Standard User hinsys
(newbie) Sun 10-Nov-19 02:23:21
Print Post

[re: MercuryRH2] [link to this post]

I have followed this from start to finish and I'm none the wiser now as to what the problem actually is:
1. I don't believe anyone else will better Zen
2. I have had four faultless years with Zen and recommend them without question.
3. As the 'case' is so poorly defined I think you will end up wasting the court's time, and you will be censured for it.
I think it's perhaps time to close this thread now Mr S.
(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 13:38:28
Print Post

so can you explain to me why your no longer recording past days on my tester that now shows packetloss. dont worry. dont need you.

an explanation would be good though..mr saffron

your site your rules. right?

theres me thinking this was an impartial site.

you could just ban me right? just remember a pm will do. if you dont want to go public.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Sun 10-Nov-19 13:50:49)

(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 13:44:09
Print Post

[re: MoM] [link to this post]

their conversations between themselves and bto. non verbal.

i just asked mr saffron in a pm for an explanation as to why my think broadband monitor is no longer recording past days.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Sun 10-Nov-19 14:01:24)

(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 14:11:52
Print Post

don't worry i asked every time i recorded conversations. anything we'll use anyway.
(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 14:20:17
Print Post

just reply to my pm.
(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 14:52:05
Print Post

i dare you to not reply.
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 15:22:31
Print Post

I dare you to stop filling a public Forum with your own private war against an ISP.
Standard User funkydan
(newbie) Sun 10-Nov-19 15:50:55
Print Post

I've been with Zen for 3 years now. I started on ADSL2+. I had lots of problems with enormous amount of errors and dropouts. Zen tried what they could to rectify them but they remained. I didn't expect them to be able to do anything about it as it was the same on the 3 ISP's i was with previously.
2 years ago Zen upgraded me free to FTTC 40/10 for the same cost as the ADSL service. So far the connection has been solid. Only minimal unrecoverable errors. Maybe 2 each month. Non of these effect my service and the only re-syncs i've had are due to Zen performing maintenance.
My connection is around 37 up and 9 down. I've not had to contact support as i've not needed to.

@bigbadpirate Why don't you start your own thread instead of HIJACKING someone else's with your inane gibberish. Looking at your previous posts that is all you've done.

So yes, I would recommend Zen.
(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 16:01:12
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

i dare you to double dare me.

mr saffron any explanation on why there is only current days not past days on ttb monitor?

gonepostal, hang around.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Sun 10-Nov-19 16:04:55)

Standard User CHW_BA12
(newbie) Sun 10-Nov-19 16:09:13
Print Post

I think if you express yourself adversarially then you'll get an adversarial response.

I've been with Zen well over a decade, home & business, and have nothing but good to say about them. I've often recommended them, so several friends use Zen too with no regrets.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Nov-19 16:10:54
Print Post

You come across as a really sad individual. Take your apparent grievances private and stop polluting this forum with your pointless rants.
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 16:13:12
Print Post

i dare you to double dare me.

I don't need to because my dad's bigger than your dad.
Standard User funkydan
(newbie) Sun 10-Nov-19 16:29:32
Print Post

@bigbadpirate

sorry i hang my head in shame

any input or should i bog off and start another thread? i was trying not to clutter the forums. but it seems im back so often here your probably right i should start my own thread.

i know its not the way.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 10-Nov-19 18:25:46
Print Post

It is called a bug that someone is looking into.

To be totally frank, your wording around this enquiry comes across as a threat rather than a simple question.

(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 20:40:15
Print Post

thank you mr saffron that's what i was expecting. wink wink.

very odd how that bug cropped up now.

like i said earlier don't need anyway.

Edited by bigbadpirate (Sun 10-Nov-19 20:44:46)

(member) Sun 10-Nov-19 20:46:34
Print Post

[re: funkydan] [link to this post]

heh lets wait for mr garner to pop in next, is he still with bto?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 10-Nov-19 21:08:06
Print Post

I just split your nick up >> big bad pirate

Then I capitalised the first letters >> BBP

Then I looked up what that is an acronym for >> I like the fifth and seventh. wink

"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 10-Nov-19 21:59:34
Print Post

Not odd at all

What is odd and very annoying is your attitude to things.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Nov-19 00:17:50
Print Post

Seconded on the attitude front, Andrew

There is just a possibility that it is a bug and affects every TTB user and not just a personalised attack on you, BBP. Funnily enough I have no history either.

I'm actively considering moving to Zen, in spite of their BT like call pricing, which is horrendously expensive compared to the likes of Pulse8, Uno or IDNet.

The only thing that makes me hesitant is the single thread speed issues I had when I was on a Zen backhaul with IDNet. However it doesn't look as though anybody has reported any single thread speed issues since March this year.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Nov-19 09:45:04
Print Post

The bug is not specific to a single user

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 11-Nov-19 09:57:53
Print Post

Also reported in TTTS by a newbie, two minutes after Andrew’s reply to you.

Standard User IanBB
(committed) Mon 11-Nov-19 11:42:30
Print Post

In my experience they are are [censored] useless.

I placed an order to migrate my G.fast service to them 6 months ago (yes 6 MONTHS AGO) and am still waiting.

The only consolation is I haven't been cut off from my previous/current supplier.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to